The school year ends as summer arrives, but that doesn't mean the learning — and fun — have to come to an end! Keep your child engaged and inspired with fun and interactive summer camps in Traverse City from Sylvan Learning.
From STEM camps like Coding, Engineering and Robotics to traditional topics covered by our Writing and Early Reading Edge camps, we provide a selection of programs that are hands-on, age-appropriate — and fun! We also provide various scheduling options, making it easier for you to fit exciting educational experiences around your family's summertime adventures.
Programs Designed with Success in Mind
Fun and excitement are a trademark of our summer camps in Traverse City, as are transformative learning experiences. The competencies your child hones at Sylvan — from reading and writing skills to increasingly vital STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) skills — can make a huge impact in school and into adulthood. Take charge this upcoming school year: sign your child up for one of our amazing summer programs today!▼
Inspiring Young Minds to Learn
The focus at Sylvan is always on the love of learning — and motivating young learners to be creative. After all, nobody wants to spend their summer doing boring math or writing drills! In addition, we place an emphasis on group dynamics, allowing kids to sign up with their buddies or make new friends through our collaborative activities. As a result, your child will have a great time gaining new skills, exploring innovative tech and taking on fun-filled challenges with his or her new BFFs!
Keep your child’s educational journey going all year round: speak to your local Sylvan center now to learn which camps are available in the Traverse City area.
Our STEM Summer Camps Include:
- Robotics: Your child will learn new skills — including crucial STEM and problem solving abilities — while designing, programming and animating LEGO® robots. Super cool!
- Engineering: Through fun, hands-on activities, your child will be fascinated to discover how machines and super structures are built.
- Coding: Using amazing Tynker™ technology, your son or daughter will work towards building a video game he or she can share and play with family and friends!
Rewarding Experiences At Our Summer Camps:
- Early Reading Edge: Get your young one elementary school-ready with our unique mix of interactive lessons and exciting games that focus on the basics of reading.
- Study Edge: As your child moves through the education system, responsibilities and challenges grow every year. That's why we teach time management and organization skills that make a big difference in school and beyond.
- Fit4Algebra: Algebra can be fun! By combining fun activities with tricky challenges, we help get your child ready to conquer those tough algebra assignments.
- Writing: The best way to master a skill is to practice it. That's why we teach a wide range of writing techniques and challenge kids to build their own portfolio of work, which can include anything from movie reviews to web copy.