As your child gets older, school workloads will grow and assignment difficulty will increase — but it’s possible for your child to confidently take on new challenges. With our study skills program in Traverse City, you can help your son or daughter develop better time management skills, learn more effective exam preparation methods and even lay the groundwork for a compelling college application. It's a great way to learn how to take on even the longest "to do" list. In fact, our study skills program doesn't only focus on academic techniques: it builds great all-round organizational habits that last a lifetime. That’s how our experts help prepare students in Traverse City for success in the classroom and beyond.
Tailored to be More Personal
Not all students learn those essential “higher order” thinking skills the same way. Whether they need assistance with exam prep, assignment planning, research methods or improving their active listening skills, we have it covered. At Sylvan, we’ll spend time understanding each student’s personal needs and learning style in order to make sure they get the most out of every session, building confidence and better study skills along the way.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
See the Difference We Can Make
Wondering what you can look forward to once you've registered your child for our study skills program in Traverse City? Our tutoring experts will instill life-long study skills that will pay dividends far beyond school. That includes tips for making completing assignments and studying for tests that much easier. We also acknowledge each and every milestone students reach, which helps to ensure they continue using their new-found habits, skills and attitudes.
Our study skills program offers:
- Tips for developing better planning habits that will improve time management and organization.
- Stronger reading comprehension, active listening and presentation skills.
- Writing and research methods that will improve ability to find accurate sources and write a bibliography.
- Note taking habits that will improve comprehension and make studying more efficient.
- Advice for test preparation and reducing anxiety on test day.
- Strategies for locating, evaluating and sharing digital information responsibly.
- Tips for navigating the college admissions process and getting ready for job interviews.
- Flexible schedule options that allow you to manage your family’s time effectively.