Want to ensure your child is developing strong study habits early on? Our Study Skills programs in Battle Creek are designed to help your son or daughter learn the tools to conquer growing workloads starting in elementary school and beyond. Providing effective study tips is what our tutors do best, so if your child is falling behind or wants to get ahead in class, we’re here to make sure they achieve their goals.
Smart Study Techniques
For kids and teens facing growing demands in the classroom, developing good study habits is essential. By combining instruction with plenty of practice and chances to test developing skills, we can make sure habits become ingrained!
Personalized Tutoring (K-12)
We know that every child has unique needs, which means there's no "one size fits all" way to instill practical study skills and reinforce positive behaviors. That's why our Personalized Tutoring program takes a comprehensive approach. A wide range of skills are covered, including:
- Effective note taking strategies: There are many ways to make study time more productive, such as flash cards and color coding.
- Active reading strategies: Strong comprehension skills are important in every subject.
- Research skills: Focusing on a particular subject, we explore how to evaluate sources and create a bibliography.
- Mastering the writing process: We know how to bring out each student's inner writer, transforming them into much more effective communicators.
- Time management: Take the stress out of growing workloads with advanced organizing and prioritizing skills.
- Online safety: We help students learn how to use the internet safely, including how to evaluate and share digital informational responsibly.
Advancement & Test Prep (Grades 9-12)
Our expert tutors can help your teen gain academic skills that are useful well into adulthood, including goal setting, time management, study habits, research techniques and more. Motivation and inspiration are the keys to making sure your teen strives to meet—and exceed his or her potential. With Advancement & Test Prep, your teen will:
- Focus on the most relevant areas: You choose the skill areas — such as time management or presentation skills — so we can focus on them and make the biggest difference.
- Apply new skills in the real world: We give students lots of opportunities to apply their new knowledge and techniques to actual schoolwork. This encourages the development of lifelong habits.
- Be more confident when tackling new challenges: We foster positive behaviors so your teen can feel good about overcoming big academic challenges.
- Develop future-ready skills: We help teens achieve more in the here and now, but also prepare them to succeed long-term. That can include public speaking, goal setting and even job interview preparation.