Progressing through school means bigger workloads and tougher assignments, but there is a way to help your child take on these challenges and fulfill his or her potential. Sylvan’s study skills programs in Ann Arbor make teaching solid time management and exam prep methods a top priority so your child is better prepared for upcoming college applications. It’s an effective way to nurture the skills to manage any “to do” list. After all, our study skills program isn't only focused on academics: it emphasizes all-round organizational tools and techniques as well. That's how we make sure children and teens in Ann Arbor and beyond are well prepared to succeed.
Our Personal Learning Experience
When it comes to strengthening those all-important "higher order" thinking skills, different students have different needs. In fact, anything from exam preparation, assignment planning to active listening skills could be needed to maximize all-round academic performance. That's why our sessions are tailored to be personal and relevant, equipping students with the tools they need to be effective, confident learners.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
Getting into the Right Habits
Wondering what you can look forward to once you've registered your child for our study skills program in Ann Arbor? Our tutoring experts will impart study skills that are not only applicable in school but can also be used throughout life. That includes advice on how to make test preparation and project planning more manageable. We also reinforce positive habits and attitudes, recognizing students for every skill they learn and milestone they reach.
Our study skills program has it all:
- Tips for developing better planning habits that will improve time management and organization.
- Stronger reading comprehension, active listening and presentation skills.
- Writing and research methods that will improve ability to find accurate sources and write a bibliography.
- Note taking habits that will improve comprehension and make studying more efficient.
- Advice for test preparation and reducing anxiety on test day.
- Strategies for locating, evaluating and sharing digital information responsibly.
- Tips for navigating the college admissions process and getting ready for job interviews.
- Flexible schedule options that allow you to manage your family’s time effectively.