Help ensure your son or daughter is prepared for the growing workloads of school and the upcoming challenges of college with Sylvan’s study skills program in Michigan. Our program focuses on problem solving, critical thinking and life management skills that kids in grades 4-12 can use to organize their schoolwork and manage their busy schedules more effectively. As your child learns tools and techniques that can be used in and beyond school, you'll see his or her confidence grow! It's time to equip your child for success: get started today by contacting your local Sylvan in Michigan.
Prepare for a Bright Future Ahead
Between homework, advanced classes, extracurricular activities and part-time jobs (not to mention socializing!), most modern students have a lot on their plate. And once college applications start, it can be even more difficult to stay on top of things. That's why our study skills program is tailored to have a lasting positive effect, helping students gain important strategies to plan, manage and prioritize their schedules and workloads more effectively than ever before.▼
From Grade 4 to High School Graduation and Beyond
A solid foundation is crucial for success. That’s why our study skills program in Michigan emphasizes skills and strategies that students can use at school right away — and, eventually, continue using them to succeed at college and in professional settings. Because we see the bigger picture, we’re always dedicated to instilling lifelong knowledge that can help your son or daughter thrive personally and academically. Together we can build your child’s skillset (and confidence!) so he or she can take on any challenge.
Your Child Will Learn:
- Scheduling and workload management techniques.
- Strategies for achieving goals in both the short term and long term.
- Tips for project planning and tracking.
- Organizational methods for completing homework assignments and establishing an efficient personal study area.
- Performance management skills, such as using an academic calendar and tracking grades.
- Tactics for better communication, including active listening.
- How to ace the all-important college admission essay.
- Job interview preparation, including how to write an effective resume and cover letter.