Make sure your son or daughter is ready for growing school workloads and the future challenges of college with Sylvan’s study skills program in Michigan. Through our study skills program, kids and teens in grades 4-12 will learn important problem solving, critical thinking and life management skills that will help them organize and manage packed schedules and increasing schoolwork more effectively. As your child develops life-long skills that he or she can put to use in school and beyond, his or her confidence will soar! Help your child get equipped for success: get in touch with your local Sylvan in Michigan today to get started.
A Successful Future Starts Now
Between homework, advanced classes, extracurricular activities and part-time jobs (not to mention socializing!), most modern students have a lot on their plate. And once college applications start, it can be even more difficult to stay on top of things. That's why our study skills program is tailored to have a lasting positive effect, helping students gain important strategies to plan, manage and prioritize their schedules and workloads more effectively than ever before.▼
From Grade 4 to High School Graduation and Beyond
A solid foundation leads to success. For that reason, Sylvan's study skills program in Michigan is designed to equip teens with transferable skills and strategies that can be used in the classroom and, after that, at college and in career settings. In other words, we always consider the bigger picture, and our goal is to impart lifelong knowledge that can go a long way to ensuring your son or daughter's personal and academic success. We’re here to enhance your child’s skillset so he or she can meet any challenge with confidence.
Your Child in Grade 4-12 Will Learn:
- How to manage time and workloads more effectively.
- Proven strategies for short-term and long-term target setting.
- Techniques for planning and managing large projects.
- Organizational methods for efficient homework routines and how to set up a personal study area.
- Performance management and planning skills, from tracking grades to using an academic calendar.
- How to communicate more effectively, including tactics like active listening.
- How to put together a winning college application.
- Job interview preparation tactics, including expert tips for writing a compelling cover letter.