With increasing school workloads and college challenges on the horizon, now is the time to help your son or daughter prepare with Sylvan’s study skills program in Michigan. Through our program, kids in grades 4-12 develop useful life management, problem solving and critical thinking skills to help them better organize their busy schedules and stay on top of schoolwork assignments. You'll see a noticeable confidence boost as your child gets to grips with life-long tools and techniques that can be used at school at beyond! Help your child get equipped for success: get in touch with your local Sylvan in Michigan today to get started.
Laying the Groundwork for Future Success
Between homework, advanced classes, extracurricular activities and part-time jobs (not to mention socializing!), most modern students have a lot on their plate. And once college applications start, it can be even more difficult to stay on top of things. That's why our study skills program is tailored to have a lasting positive effect, helping students gain important strategies to plan, manage and prioritize their schedules and workloads more effectively than ever before.▼
Skills for Greater Success in School, from Grade 4 to High School Graduation and Beyond
Greater achievements need a solid foundation. With our study skills program in Michigan, students can develop important skills and strategies that are relevant in the classroom immediately, and can also be applied in college and career settings later on. Sylvan always has the bigger picture in mind, so we instill life-long knowledge your son or daughter can use to thrive personally and academically. Learn how we can help your child push his or her skillset (and confidence!) to the next level.
Your Child Will Learn:
- Scheduling and workload management techniques.
- Strategies for achieving goals in both the short term and long term.
- Tips for project planning and tracking.
- Organizational methods for completing homework assignments and establishing an efficient personal study area.
- Performance management skills, such as using an academic calendar and tracking grades.
- Tactics for better communication, including active listening.
- How to ace the all-important college admission essay.
- Job interview preparation, including how to write an effective resume and cover letter.