When you get the right reading tutor in St Johns in your corner, you can expect your child’s reading skills to improve, leading to better grades and bigger smiles. Whether you're worried your young reader is falling behind, needs focused extra practice to stay on track or support to really get ahead, we know how to bring out the joy of reading and help children fulfill their potential.
A Personalized Approach to Tutoring
We offer a variety of approaches to reading tutoring in order to address the unique needs of each student. We'll first pinpoint your child’s current level and then recommend the option that will lead to the greatest improvement in scores.
Personalized Tutoring (K-12)
If your child is falling behind with his or her reading scores and needs extra support to get his or her skills up to grade level, this program is right for you. Here's what makes our Personalized Tutoring different:
- Real progress at homework time and at school. We guarantee it!
- The right support for your child's needs. We undergo a comprehensive reading assessment with your child in order to identify what he or she needs to boost reading competence, comprehension and fluency.
- Less frustration and more confidence. Our certified reading tutors are committed to making reading fun and challenging, but never frustrating.
- Affordable prices. We offer hourly rates that are competitive with other tutoring companies and private tutors, so your child can get the reading help he or she needs without breaking your family's budget.
Academic Coaching (K-8)
This program is geared towards kids who could use a little extra support with reading homework and tests in order to stay on track in school. This is what you can expect with Academic Coaching:
- Proactive tutoring to develop and strengthen reading comprehension skills, keep up with assignments and achieve greater results in class.
- Hands-on learning sessions that feature skill practice, help with homework and tips for preparing for tests, all with the goal of meeting your child's unique needs.
- A school-aligned curriculum for greater success in the classroom.
- Monthly packages at great prices, so you can get the program that works with your family's budget.
Advanced Reading and Test Prep (K-12)
If your child is on the fast track or needs guidance to handle a bigger workload, you can help your teen adapt to accelerated coursework and prepare for college-level classes with our Advanced Reading Skills course. Here are the benefits this program provides:
- Improved confidence (and less stress!) when planning much larger academic workloads.
- Efficient techniques for completing complex reading assignments.
- Time management methods for homework and tests with reading components, such as the SAT and ACT.
- Higher scores on college entrance exams and preparation for challenging college workloads and rising expectations.
- Affordable hourly rates.
Start Now and Save!
There's still plenty of time to prepare for success in the new school year. When you book an Academic Checkup at your local Sylvan, we will compare your child's academic skills to nationwide norms — and use our findings to pinpoint areas for improvement. The time is now: get started for just $95*!