When you get the right reading tutor in Saginaw in your corner, you can expect your child’s reading skills to improve, leading to better grades and bigger smiles. Whether your child has started to fall behind, is in need of extra practice to keep up in class or is interested in getting ahead, you can count on our tutors for the tailored learning he or she needs succeed.
A Personalized Approach to Tutoring
There is no one-size-fits-all approach to reading tutoring, which is why Sylvan will match your child with the approach that meets his or her specific needs. We'll first pinpoint your child’s current level and then recommend the option that will lead to the greatest improvement in scores.
Personalized Tutoring (K-12)
If your child has reading scores below his or her grade level, this program provides the hands-on support he or she needs. Here's what our Personalized Tutoring offers:
- Success at school and during homework time. Measurable progress is guaranteed!
- The exact support needed. Using a detailed reading assessment, we get to know which skills need attention in order to improve reading fluency, comprehension and competence.
- No more frustration. We design personalized learning plans and continually adjust them to ensure that reading is challenging and fun.
- Competitive rates. Getting the best reading support is affordable! Our hourly rates compare with private tutors and other tutoring companies.
Academic Coaching (K-8)
This program is designed for children who need extra support with reading homework and tests and to stay on course for good results in the classroom. Here is what you’ll get with Academic Coaching:
- Proactive tutoring designed to strengthen critical reading comprehension skills.
- Varied learning sessions that include homework help, test prep and skill practice, with each topic tailored to your child's needs.
- A curriculum that aligns with local schools in order to ensure the most effect results in class.
- Affordable monthly packages so you can arrange the best reading tutoring and keep your budget on track.
Advanced Reading and Test Prep (K-12)
If your child is on the fast track and/or needs guidance navigating a more advanced course load, you can help your teen adapt to and excel at accelerated coursework and college-level classes with Sylvan’s Advanced Reading Skills course. Here are the benefits this program provides:
- Better confidence when it comes to planning and managing large workloads.
- Stronger time management skills not only for homework but also for tests with significant reading components, including the SAT and ACT.
- Even higher grades and scores on homework and excellent preparation for college entrance exams.
- Competitive hourly rates.
Act Now to Enjoy Our Limited-Time Offer
There's still plenty of time to prepare for success in the new school year. By scheduling an Academic Checkup at your local Sylvan, we can take evaluate your child's academic skills in comparison with nationwide norms — and use our findings to identify which areas need to be improved. Don’t wait: start today for just $95*!