Our reading tutors in Lansing know how to help your child improve his or her reading abilities, leading to more confidence and better results in the classroom and beyond. Whether it's help to keep from falling behind, a little extra practice to stay on track or the support to master advanced topics and get ahead, our tutors can help.
Learning That's Personalized
At Sylvan, you'll find several different approaches to reading tutoring that focus on children's unique needs at different stages in their educational journey. Once we pinpoint your child’s current level, we can identify the most appropriate path to take to ensure he or she is getting great results.
Personalized Tutoring (K-12)
This program is a great fit if your child is struggling with reading scores and needs help getting skills up to grade level. Here's what makes our Personalized Tutoring different:
- More progress in the classroom and at homework time. We guarantee it!
- Focused learning. Through our detailed reading assessment, we can accurately identify what your child needs to improve comprehension, fluency and reading competence.
- Greater confidence. At Sylvan, we believe reading should be challenging and fun, but never frustrating. That's why our certified tutors will adjust your child's personalized learning plan so he or she is progressing effectively.
- Affordable rates. With hourly rates that are competitive with private tutors and other tutoring companies, we make it easy to get the reading help your child needs while staying on budget.
Academic Coaching (K-8)
If your child is doing okay with reading-related schoolwork but could do with some extra support to realize his or her potential, this could be the right program for you. Here is what you’ll get with Academic Coaching:
- In-depth tutoring to develop and boost reading comprehension skills, stay on top of coursework and get ahead in the classroom.
- Motivational learning sessions that focus on homework help, skill practice and test prep tips, all developed to match your child's unique learning needs.
- A curriculum that aligns with your child's school for more success in the classroom.
- Affordable monthly packages that can meet your family's needs and budget.
Advanced Reading and Test Prep (K-12)
If your child is on the fast track but could use some extra support managing a challenging course load, Sylvan’s Advanced Reading Skills course can help your teen get comfortable with and excel at advanced homework and college-level classes. Here’s what this program offers:
- Greater confidence (and less frustration) when it comes to taking on heavy workloads.
- Improved efficiency at finishing reading assignments in accelerated classes.
- Better time management skills for completing homework and studying for reading-heavy tests like the SAT and ACT.
- Boosted scores on tests, homework and college entrance exams.
- Workload preparation for college.
- Affordable hourly rates that work with your budget.
Take Advantage of our Limited-Time Offer
Get started today for only $95 for a limited time. The Sylvan Insight™ Assessment identifies your child's particular strengths and needs, highlighting the exact areas our expert tutors will help strengthen for greater success. Get in touch with us today and we can go over your needs and discuss how we can help.