Our reading tutors in Grand Rapids know how to help your child improve his or her reading abilities, leading to more confidence and better results in the classroom and beyond. Whether your child has started to fall behind, is in need of extra practice to keep up in class or is interested in getting ahead, you can count on our tutors for the tailored learning he or she needs succeed.
Learning Tailored to Get Results
At Sylvan, you'll find several different approaches to reading tutoring that focus on children's unique needs at different stages in their educational journey. Once we’ve pinpointed your child’s current reading level, we can then recommend the ideal path to make sure her or she is getting great results.
Personalized Tutoring (K-12)
This program is a great fit if your child is struggling with reading scores and needs help getting skills up to grade level. Here's what our Personalized Tutoring offers:
- Success at school and during homework time. Measurable progress is guaranteed!
- The exact support needed. Using a detailed reading assessment, we get to know which skills need attention in order to improve reading fluency, comprehension and competence.
- No more frustration. We design personalized learning plans and continually adjust them to ensure that reading is challenging and fun.
- Competitive rates. Getting the best reading support is affordable! Our hourly rates compare with private tutors and other tutoring companies.
Academic Coaching (K-8)
If your child could use a little extra practice with reading-related homework and tests in order to stay on track in class, this is the program for you. Here's what our Academic Coaching provides:
- Proactive tutoring to build on and sharpen reading comprehension skills, keep up with homework and get ahead in class
- Learning sessions that include skill practice, homework help, and test prep tips, all designed to meet your child’s needs
- A school-aligned curriculum that makes a big impact in class performance
- Affordable monthly packages that satisfy your needs and budget.
Advanced Reading and Test Prep (K-12)
If your child is on the fast track but could use some extra support managing a challenging course load, Sylvan’s Advanced Reading Skills course can help your teen get comfortable with and excel at advanced homework and college-level classes. With this program, you can expect:
- Greater confidence (and less frustration) when it comes to taking on heavy workloads.
- Improved efficiency at finishing reading assignments in accelerated classes.
- Better time management skills for completing homework and studying for reading-heavy tests like the SAT and ACT.
- Boosted scores on tests, homework and college entrance exams.
- Workload preparation for college.
- Affordable hourly rates that work with your budget.
Take Advantage of our Limited-Time Offer
Get started today for only $95 for a limited time. Our Sylvan Insight™ Assessment helps determine your child's unique strengths and needs so that our expert tutors can focus on strengthening those particular areas to achieve greater success. Get in touch with us today and we can discuss your needs and how we can help.