Attempting to juggle everything from school projects and essays to extracurricular sports and activities — not to mention maintaining a social life — is not an easy task. But with Sylvan's study skills program in the Lansing region, you can help your teen or pre teen prepare for an exciting yet challenging time in his or her life. Specially developed for students in grades 4-12, our study skills program focuses on equipping students with important critical thinking skills and valuable time management, organization and strategic planning abilities. After all, equipping your child with effective study skills can translate into greater success in the classroom, in college and in future careers. Find out how our tutoring experts in the Lansing region can help your son or daughter achieve goals and conquer any workload.
Our Proven Approach
While you may have experience helping your child with a spelling question or math problem, teaching him or her effective study skills and strategies is not always as straightforward. Using a combination of study strategies, tactics and tips, our tutoring experts in the Lansing region pay special attention to concrete skills that can be used in the classroom and beyond: how to organize schoolwork, efficiently manage time, set short-term and long-term goals, and more.▼
Building Skills, Boosting Confidence
Succeeding academically doesn’t just mean getting a passing grade on a test or an exam. This is the reason our study skills tutors in the Lansing region consider the bigger picture. Our program has been developed to focus on successfully preparing your son or daughter for the heavier workloads and expectations ahead. This includes diving into proven goal-setting strategies and study techniques that can be applied in a variety of situations.
With our study skills program, your child will learn strategies including:
- Time management to efficiently manage time and workloads.
- Strategic planning and academic planning to set both short-term and long-term goals and projects.
- How to effectively organize schoolwork and a personal study area, set personal expectations and use an academic planner.
- Identifying teacher expectations and priorities.
- How to use active listening.
- Navigating college admissions requirements, including the college admission essay.
- How to interview for a job and write an effective resume and cover letter.