Is your child in need of a math tutor in the Lansing region who can transform a challenging subject into high-fives and greater achievements in class? Do you feel that your child could reach his or her full potential with a more engaging and interactive learning environment? You can count on Sylvan's three math programs — personal math tutoring, Math Edge and math homework help — to help your child master the fundamentals of math, get to grips with key concepts and build the tools for lasting academic success. Our programs align with college and career readiness standards so you know they will have a lasting impact. We're here to help take the frustration out of math: find out how your local Sylvan math tutors in the Lansing region can help your child overcome knowledge gaps and rediscover the joy of learning.
See Real Results
Our first job is to make math a more engaging and enjoyable subject, which is essential to help kids boost their performance at school. As a matter of fact, our Lansing region math tutoring programs can grow scores by up to three times when compared to students who don't go to Sylvan.▼
We Can Help in All Areas of Math, Including:
- Addition and Subtraction
- Multiplication and Division
- Algebra 1 & Algebra 2
- Probability and Statistics
Choose the Right Math Program for Your Child
Personal Tutoring (Grades 1-12)
- An engaging, interactive learning experience. Our tutors use the iPad® as a teaching tool, helping to make learning more interesting and enjoyable. It also means we can adapt math lessons to your child's particular abilities.
- A proven learning approach. Our trademark, step-by-step approach — Sylvan Insight™ — personalizes learning to your child.
- Instant feedback. On-the-spot feedback helps students stay engaged and motivated.
Skill Practice Programs (Grades 1-6)
- A range of brain-boosting activities. Useful problem-solving skills are at the heart of our teaching, which helps students understand math in new and interesting ways.
- An enjoyable, kid-friendly format. Math speed and proficiency is boosted by our fun-filled activities, motivational rewards system and small class sizes filled with positive team spirit.
- Challenging content. We employ a five-step process and align our math curriculum with nationally-recognized college and career readiness standards.
Homework Help (Grades 1-12)
- Just-as-needed help. Is a homework assignment proving impossible? Is there a big test to prepare for? Count on our math tutors to help.
- A solution to math-based frustrations. With Sylvan, you don't always have to be the expert: our tutors are ready to put an end to your child's frustration with math and make learning a lot more enjoyable.
- Flexible schedules. Our homework help is available on evenings and weekends for your convenience.
Get Started Now and Save!
The Sylvan Skills Assessment® identifies your child’s personal strengths and requirements, pinpointing the precise areas our expert tutors will address for success. For a limited time, you can get started for $95*! Contact us now to learn more!