Finding a reliable reading tutor in the Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo and Battle Creek region can make a big impact towards helping your child work on his or her reading skills, boost confidence and get results beyond just the classroom. If you’re starting to notice your child is falling behind, could use a little extra practice or wants to get ahead, our tutors can provide guidance that is personalized for success.
Learning Personalized to Get Results
Sylvan offers a number of approaches to reading tutoring to ensure your child is getting the attention he or she needs to progress. After we determine your child’s current reading level, we’ll be able to recommend the program that will make sure he or she is getting results.
Personalized Tutoring (K-12)
If your child is having a difficult time keeping up with reading level requirements and could use some guidance to catch up and develop confidence, this program could be the perfect solution. Our intensive reading tutoring is designed to provide your son or daughter with guidance in building on skills that are on-par with grade level. You can expect the following from our Personalized Tutoring:
- Success in the classroom and during homework time. Progress guaranteed!
- The unique support your child requires. The results of our thorough reading assessment help us to identify what your child needs in order to improve fluency and reading comprehension.
- More confidence and lots of support. Our certified reading tutors will constantly adjust your child’s personalized learning plan to make sure it’s a challenge—but never frustrating!
- The right skills for success. Thanks to our local school-aligned curriculum, everything your child is learning will have a direct impact in the classroom.
- Competitive rates. Comparable to private tutors and other tutoring companies, our prices guarantee you’re getting the best reading help for your family at a reasonable rate.
Academic Coaching (K-8)
This program is perfect for students who need extra practice with reading-related tasks and assignments, and could also use help staying on track in the classroom. Here’s what you can expect with Academic Coaching:
- Proactive tutoring to make sure your child’s reading comprehension skills are progressing to meet homework and in-class requirements.
- Learning sessions that tailor skill practice, test prep and homework assistance to meet your child’s needs.
- A school-approved curriculum that has an impact on in-class performance.
- Hands-on activities that are interactive and diverse to encourage an understanding of different types of materials.
- Affordable rates with budget-friendly monthly packages.
Advanced Reading and Test Prep (Grades K-12)
If your child has set ambitious goals and needs some tips for managing a heavy workload, acing assignments with a large reading component or prepping for big tests, this program can be a huge help. Help your teen keep up with advanced coursework and excel in college-level classes with Sylvan’s Advanced Reading Skills course. With this program, you can expect:
- More confidence to tackle big workloads
- More efficient reading skills for completing assignments in advanced classes
- Improved time management skills to complete homework and study for tests that include a large reading component — including the SAT and ACT
- Better scores on homework assignments, tests, and on college entrance exams
- Preparation for the high expectations of college workloads
- Competitive hourly rates
Get Started Now and Save!
Get started today for only $95 for a limited time. The Sylvan Insight™ Assessment is a great way to pinpoint strengths and tailor lessons to target skill gaps. Give us a call or fill out or form to get in touch so we can discuss your requirements and how we can help.