Are you looking for a math tutor in the Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo and Battle Creek region who can transform a potentially tricky subject into smiles, high-fives and greater confidence? Could a more personal, engaging approach to learning unlock your child's full potential in the classroom? When it comes to mastering critical math concepts and developing practical academic skills, you can count on Sylvan's three math programs: personal math tutoring, Math Edge and math homework help. In fact, we tailor our programs to align with college and career readiness standards, so you can rest assured that our tutoring has a lasting impact. Find out how your local Sylvan math tutor in the Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo and Battle Creek region can make math a less frustrating subject and help your child enjoy learning again.
Expect Real Results with Sylvan
We've learned that making math a more enjoyable and engaging subject is the first step towards better academic results at school. At Sylvan's Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo and Battle Creek region locations, you'll find that our math tutoring programs can grow scores by up to three times in comparison to students who have not attended Sylvan.▼
We Can Help in All Areas of Math, Including:
- Addition and Subtraction
- Multiplication and Division
- Algebra 1 & Algebra 2
- Probability and Statistics
Choose the Right Math Program for Your Child
Personal Tutoring (Grades 1-12)
- A truly interactive learning environment. We use iPads® as teaching tools, making learning more relevant and interesting. It also allows us to tailor math lessons to your child's particular strengths.
- Our approach to learning is proven to work. Sylvan Insight™ ensures personalized, step-by-step tutoring.
- Instant feedback. Immediate feedback is essential to keep students motivated and engaged.
Skill Practice Programs (Grades 1-6)
- Brain-boosting exercises. Useful problem-solving skills are at the core of our activities, helping your child think about math differently.
- An emphasis on fun. Our format consists of fun, engaging activities that boost math speed and proficiency. There's also a motivational rewards system and the positive team spirit that comes with working in a small group.
- Challenging young minds to achieve even more. Our math curriculum adheres to national college and career readiness standards — and features a five-step process to help your child meet his or her full potential.
Homework Help (Grades 1-12)
- Just-as-needed help. Is a homework assignment proving impossible? Is there a big test to prepare for? Count on our math tutors to help.
- A solution to math-based frustrations. With Sylvan, you don't always have to be the expert: our tutors are ready to put an end to your child's frustration with math and make learning a lot more enjoyable.
- Flexible schedules. Our homework help is available on evenings and weekends for your convenience.
Start Today and Save
In addition to delivering real results — including better grades and higher test scores — we also instill confidence in every student. t's not too late to prepare for success this school year! It all starts when you schedule a $95* Academic Checkup, which we use to assess your child's current academic status in comparison to national norms — and pinpoint specific skills and knowledge for improvement.