Are you in need of a writing tutor in the Flint, Saginaw and Bay City region? If your child is starting to fall behind on writing-based assignments, needs some extra practice to continue to build on skills or wants to start building a foundation for success and get ahead in class, our expert tutors can help.
Targeted Learning for Your Family
Sylvan’s programs are designed to help each and every child build strong writing skills, so your son or daughter is sure to get the kind of guidance that will lead to success. From the basics of sentence structure to tips for writing college application essays, our writing tutors know how to provide your child with essential tools for success — and make sure he or she has a little fun in the process.
Personalized Tutoring (K-12)
If your child is finding it difficult to keep up in terms of writing level, our Personalized Tutoring program in writing can help improve skills so your son or daughter can finish writing assignments and homework without the frustration. Our Personalized Tutoring program can offer: Here’s what Personalized Tutoring can provide:
- Become a more engaging and confident writer. Beginning with the basics of writing like composing, revising and editing essays, we aim to give your child a strong foundation. These skills will empower your son or daughter to become a more proficient writer—and student.
- Bigger, better results in the classroom. Our writing program is set up to align with college and career standards so the emphasis is placed on developing skills that will be useful in the future.
- Affordable prices. Our hourly rates are competitive with local tutoring companies and private tutors so getting quality writing help for your family is always within budget.
Academic Coaching (K-8)
This program is a good fit if your child would benefit from extra practice to improve skills needed for writing-based assignment and tests. You can expect the following from Academic Coaching:
- Proactive tutoring support to work on skills and keep up with homework and in class.
- Tutoring sessions targeted to your child’s needs — from skill practice, to help with homework, to test prep guidance.
- Hands-on activities that establish a strong foundation for building on skills.
- Expert tutors who use the modern teaching methods to get new concepts to click (that means you don’t have to become an expert!)
- Affordable monthly packages to keep it simple and budget-friendly.
Advanced Writing and Test Prep (Grades K-12)
Strong writing skills are important for the students on the fast track academically. This program is meant to help your child excel in advanced courses, build research-focused writing skills and write college admissions essays that really get noticed. You can expect the following with this program:
- More confidence for conquering challenging writing-based assignments.
- The composition techniques and research skills your child needs to do well in advanced courses.
- Expert guidance for how to write a successful college admissions essay.
- Sharpen developing skills with hands-on practice researching and writing.
- Hourly rates that are affordable.
Start Now and Enjoy Limited-Time Savings
The Academic Checkup identifies your child's academic strengths and needs, so our expert tutors know which areas to focus on for success. For a limited time, you can get started for $95*! Contact us today to learn more!