A reading tutor you can rely on in the Flint, Saginaw and Bay City region could be just the thing you need to assist your child with improving reading skills, building confidence and getting the kind of results that make an impact in the classroom—and beyond. If you’re starting to notice your child is falling behind, could use a little extra practice or wants to get ahead, our tutors can provide guidance that is personalized for success.
Personalized, Results-Oriented Learning
Sylvan offers a number of approaches to reading tutoring to ensure your child is getting the attention he or she needs to progress. After we determine your child’s current reading level, we’ll be able to recommend the program that will make sure he or she is getting results.
Personalized Tutoring (K-12)
If your child is having a difficult time keeping up with reading level requirements and could use some guidance to catch up and develop confidence, this program could be the perfect solution. Our intensive reading tutoring is personalized to support your son or daughter in mastering skill-level expectations. With our Personalized Tutoring, your child will get:
- Success in and out of the classroom. Progress guaranteed!
- The targeted approach your child needs. With our thorough reading assessment, we’ll identify your child’s skill gaps and make sure to focus on improving comprehension and fluency.
- Added confidence and support. Our certified tutors know how to adjust your child’s personalized learning plan to make sure lessons are challenging instead of frustrating.
- The right skills for success. Our local school-aligned curriculum is designed to teach skills that have a direct impact in the classroom.
- Competitive rates. Comparable to private tutors and other tutoring companies, our prices are set to make sure the best reading help for your family is within budget.
Academic Coaching (K-8)
This program is perfect for students who need extra practice with reading-related tasks and assignments, and could also use help staying on track in the classroom. With Academic Coaching, you can expect:
- Proactive tutoring that will help improve reading comprehension skills so your child can tackle homework assignments and participate in class with confidence.
- Learning sessions that encourage skill practice and test prep with methods designed to target your child’s needs.
- A school-aligned curriculum that is designed to match up with what your child is learning in class.
- Interactive activities that encourage the understanding of different types of material through hands-on practice.
- Competitive prices with monthly packages that fit into your budget.
Advanced Reading and Test Prep (Grades K-12)
If your child is on the fast track and/or needs support managing a tough workload, completing reading-heavy assignments or preparing for important tests, this program can make a big difference. Make sure your teen is keeping up with advanced coursework and excelling in college-level classes with Sylvan’s Advanced Skills course. With our program, you can look forward to:
- More confidence to tackle big workloads
- More efficient reading skills for completing assignments in advanced classes
- Improved time management skills to complete homework and study for tests that include a large reading component — including the SAT and ACT
- Better scores on homework assignments, tests, and on college entrance exams
- Preparation for the high expectations of college workloads
- Competitive hourly rates
Start Now and Enjoy Limited-Time Savings
The Academic Checkup is just one of the many tools we use to pinpoint your child’s strengths and needs, which allows our expert tutors to focus on the areas that require the most attention for greater success. Get started for only $95* for a limited time! Simply get in touch to learn more!