As your child gets older, school workloads will grow and assignment difficulty will increase — but it’s possible for your child to confidently take on new challenges. With our study skills program in Worcester, you can help your son or daughter develop better time management skills, learn more effective test preparation methods and lay the groundwork for conquering the challenges that lie ahead. It’s an excellent way to encourage the best habits for staying on top of even the longest “to do” list.
Relevant and Personalized
School students have different needs when it comes to honing transferable "higher order" thinking skills. Whether they need assistance with exam prep, assignment planning, research methods or improving their active listening skills, we have it covered. At Sylvan, we assess each student's needs to ensure our sessions are not only relevant but personalized, focusing on the most effective ways to study better, boost grades and gain confidence.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
We're Here to Make a Difference
Register your child in one of our study skills programs in Worcester and you can expect nothing but positive changes. Our tutors will be there to encourage positive study and concentration skills that will last a lifetime. That includes revealing methods to take the intimidation factor out of assignments, projects and tests. We also focus on fostering a positive attitude towards education by making sure to acknowledge every student’s accomplishments on a regular basis.
Our study skills program offers:
- Time management tips and practical organizational habits to better manage time and responsibilities.
- Active reading strategies, including reading comprehension strategies, as well as active listening strategies and presentation skills.
- Note-taking techniques such as flash cards.
- Test preparation and test day strategies to tackle different types of questions and manage anxiety.
- Writing and research tips such as learning how to evaluate sources and write a bibliography.
- How to locate, evaluate and share digital information responsibly.
- How to navigate the college admissions process and prepare for job interviews. Convenient scheduling options to make it easier for you to manage your family's time!