Looking to make sure your child is fostering good study habits early on? Our Study Skills programs in Swampscott can help educate your son or daughter on how to manage increasing workloads from elementary, high school and college to the workforce. Whether your child has started to fall behind in class or has the ambition to get ahead, our study tips and techniques are proven to make a big difference.
Study Smart from Day One
From instruction to lots of independent practice and chances to put new skills to work, we can turn good study habits into a way of life!
Personalized Tutoring (K-12)
There's no such thing as a "one-size-fits-all" way to instill positive academic behavior and instill life-long study skills — after all, every child has unique needs. That’s where our Personalized Tutoring program can make a difference. It covers a diverse array of academic areas, including:
- Research skills: Finding and evaluating relevant sources, and writing an accurate bibliography.
- Effective note taking strategies: From color coding to flash cards, study aids can help material stick.
- Active reading skills: Better reading comprehension will be valuable to your child in every subject.
- Time management: Supplement strong study habits with good prioritization and organizational skills.
- Master the writing process: Encourage your child to become a stronger, more effective writer.
- Online safety: Tips for locating and evaluate relevant sources as well as how to share digital information responsibly.
Advancement & Test Prep (Grades 9-12)
From study habits, goal setting and time management to strong communication, digital literacy, and research and writing skills, our expert tutors will teach your teen skills that will stay with him or her well into adulthood. With Advancement & Test Prep, your teen will:
- Sharpen the right skills: You decide the skill areas to focus on — such as note-taking or presentation skills — so we're concentrating on the areas most relevant to your teen.
- Gain more confidence: We encourage positive behaviors and attitudes to help teens gain the confidence to persevere and meet big expectations.
- Develop skills for the future: We can help him or her work on public speaking, goal setting and even job interview preparation.