Developing strong study habits early on is essential if you want your child to succeed. Our Study Skills programs in Swampscott empower students to reach their full potential when faced with the challenges of a growing workload, from elementary school to college and beyond. If your child is starting to fall behind or is looking for ways to get ahead, our tutors can provide valuable study tips that will encourage growth.
Learning How to Study More Effectively
The changing demands kids and teens face at school call for a foundation of strong study skills. From instruction to lots of independent practice and chances to put new skills to work, we can solidify habits into a way of life!
Personalized Tutoring (K-12)
The right approach for instilling positive attitudes towards studying and smart study habits depends on each child’s unique needs. That’s where our Personalized Tutoring programs can help. It covers a diverse array of academic areas, including:
- Effective note taking: Aids like color coding and flash cards can help make studying more effective.
- Research best practices: From evaluating sources to writing a proper bibliography.
- Time management: Organizing and prioritizing are the keys to efficient study habits.
- Mastering the writing process: With practice, your child will learn how to become a stronger writer.
- Active reading: Better comprehension skills will improve your child's scores across all subjects.
- Online safety: How to choose reliable sources and share digital information responsibly.
Advancement & Test Prep (Grades 9-12)
Our expert tutors know that teaching your teen things like smart study habits, good time management, how to set goals, digital literacy and strong research and writing skills are essential for success well into adulthood. Motivation and inspiration are the keys to making sure your teen strives to meet—and exceed his or her potential. With Advancement & Test Prep, your teen will:
- Feel more confident: We teach positive behaviors and attitudes — not just academic skills — to help teens approach new challenges with unshakeable confidence.
- Build the right skills: Choose which areas need attention — such as time management or presentation skills — to ensure we're making the biggest possible difference for your young learner.
- Make immediate gains: Your teen will have lots of opportunities to apply his or her new skills to real-world assignments and tests.
- Acquire life-long assets: High school is the immediate priority, of course, but you want to see your teen succeed through college and beyond, too. We're also here to provide important career preparation, including job interview techniques and even public speaking!