Strong study habits are essential for even the youngest learners. With our Study Skills program in Peabody you can help your son or daughter learn how to take on every academic challenge with ease, from elementary school to college and beyond. Whether your child is starting to fall behind or wants to develop the skills to get ahead, our study tips and techniques can make all the difference.
Learning How to Study More Effectively
By combining instruction with plenty of practice and chances to test developing skills, we can make sure good study habits become ingrained!
Personalized Tutoring (K-12)
Because every child has individual needs, there's no one-size-fits-all method to instill life-long study skills and facilitate positive academic behaviors and attitudes. Luckily, our Personalized Tutoring programs take that into consideration. You can expect the following skill sets to be covered:
- Effective note taking: Aids like color coding and flash cards can help make studying more effective.
- Research best practices: From evaluating sources to writing a proper bibliography.
- Time management: Organizing and prioritizing are the keys to efficient study habits.
- Mastering the writing process: With practice, your child will learn how to become a stronger writer.
- Active reading: Better comprehension skills will improve your child's scores across all subjects.
- Online safety: How to choose reliable sources and share digital information responsibly.
Advancement & Test Prep (Grades 9-12)
Study habits, goal setting, digital literacy, time management and more: our tutors know how to help teens develop practical academic skills that can be used well into adulthood. With Advancement & Test Prep, your teen will:
- Focus on the most relevant areas: You choose the skill areas — such as time management or presentation skills — so we can focus on them and make the biggest difference.
- Be more confident when tackling new challenges: We foster positive behaviors so your teen can feel good about overcoming big academic challenges.
- Develop future-ready skills: We help teens work on fundamental skills like public speaking, goal setting and even job interview preparation.