With Sylvan’s study skills program in Maryland, you can help your son or daughter prepare for increasing school workloads and the future challenges that come with college life. Our program, which is specifically designed for students in grades 4-12, teaches valuable problem solving, critical thinking and life management skills that help kids more effectively manage their time and organize their schoolwork. You'll see a noticeable difference in your son or daughter's confidence as he or she gains tools and techniques that can be used in school and beyond! So don't delay: contact your local Sylvan in Maryland now to make sure your child is equipped for success.
Prepare for a Bright Future Ahead
There’s no doubt that many students have a lot of responsibilities to juggle, whether it's a homework assignment, advanced classes, a part-time job or simply maintaining a healthy social life. Add the extra challenge of college applications and it's even trickier to stay on top of everything. That's why our study skills program focuses on strategies for planning, managing and prioritizing workloads and schedules, empowering students to take on any project — and organize their time — much more effectively.▼
Life-Long Skills to Succeed, Starting in Grade 4
Success begins with a strong foundation. That’s why we've tailored our study skills program in Maryland to equip teens with skills and strategies that are not only applicable at school right away, but can also be used at college and, eventually, in a career setting. Because we see the bigger picture, we’re always dedicated to instilling lifelong knowledge that can help your son or daughter thrive personally and academically. Help your child take on any challenge with confidence: find out how we can enhance his or her skillset.
Your Son or Daughter Will Learn:
- How to manage time and workloads more effectively.
- Proven strategies for short-term and long-term target setting.
- Techniques for planning and managing large projects.
- Organizational methods for efficient homework routines and how to set up a personal study area.
- Performance management and planning skills, from tracking grades to using an academic calendar.
- How to communicate more effectively, including tactics like active listening.
- How to put together a winning college application.
- Job interview preparation tactics, including expert tips for writing a compelling cover letter.