Help ensure your son or daughter is prepared for the growing workloads of school and the upcoming challenges of college with Sylvan’s study skills program in Maryland. Our program focuses on problem solving, critical thinking and life management skills that kids in grades 4-12 can use to organize their schoolwork and manage their busy schedules more effectively. As your child learns tools and techniques that can be used in and beyond school, you'll see his or her confidence grow! Help your child get equipped for success: get in touch with your local Sylvan in Maryland today to get started.
A Bright Future Starts With a Smart Approach
With the extra burden of homework, advanced classes, part-time jobs and a host of extracurricular activities, it's easy to see how much modern students have to fit in to their schedules. Add college applications to the mix and it can be extremely difficult to stay on top of things. But our study skills program is designed to have a big impact: our tutoring experts help students develop valuable strategies in order to more effectively plan, manage and prioritize their schedules and workloads.
From Grade 4 to High School Graduation and Beyond
A solid foundation leads to success. That’s why we've tailored our study skills program in Maryland to equip teens with skills and strategies that are not only applicable at school right away, but can also be used at college and, eventually, in a career setting. At Sylvan, we're always mindful of the bigger picture, so we're dedicated to teaching lifelong knowledge that helps to ensure your son or daughter's lasting personal and academic success. We’re here to enhance your child’s skillset so he or she can meet any challenge with confidence.
Your Teen Will Learn:
- How to manage time and workloads more effectively.
- Proven strategies for short-term and long-term target setting.
- Techniques for planning and managing large projects.
- Organizational methods for efficient homework routines and how to set up a personal study area.
- Performance management and planning skills, from tracking grades to using an academic calendar.
- How to communicate more effectively, including tactics like active listening.
- How to put together a winning college application.
- Job interview preparation tactics, including expert tips for writing a compelling cover letter.