Sylvan’s study skills program in Maryland can help ensure your son or daughter is fully prepared for increasing school workloads and the forthcoming challenges of college. Through our study skills program, kids and teens in grades 4-12 will learn important problem solving, critical thinking and life management skills that will help them organize and manage packed schedules and increasing schoolwork more effectively. As your child develops life-long skills that he or she can put to use in school and beyond, his or her confidence will soar! We're ready to equip your child for success: simply contact your local Sylvan in Maryland to get started or to find out more.
Start Now, Succeed Tomorrow
As homework, extracurricular activities and social engagements start to pile up, it's easy to see how busy it is to be a modern student. With college applications to consider as well, it can be a real challenge to stay on top of things. This is where our study skills program — and our tutoring experts — can have a positive effect, helping students take on any project more effectively with practical strategies for planning, managing and prioritizing their schedules and workloads.
Life-Long Skills to Succeed, Starting in Grade 4
Strong foundations are vital for long-term success. With our study skills program in Maryland, students can develop important skills and strategies that are relevant in the classroom immediately, and can also be applied in college and career settings later on. Because we see the bigger picture, we’re always dedicated to instilling lifelong knowledge that can help your son or daughter thrive personally and academically. Learn how we can help your child push his or her skillset (and confidence!) to the next level.
Here's What Your Child Will Learn:
- How to manage time and workloads more effectively.
- Proven strategies for short-term and long-term target setting.
- Techniques for planning and managing large projects.
- Organizational methods for efficient homework routines and how to set up a personal study area.
- Performance management and planning skills, from tracking grades to using an academic calendar.
- How to communicate more effectively, including tactics like active listening.
- How to put together a winning college application.
- Job interview preparation tactics, including expert tips for writing a compelling cover letter.