When it comes to reading ability, the right reading tutor in Crofton can make all the difference to your child's confidence and achievements in school — and beyond. Whether it's help to keep from falling behind, a little extra practice to stay on track or the support to master advanced topics and get ahead, our tutors can help.
Tutoring Programs Tailored to Your Child's Needs
At Sylvan, you'll find several different approaches to reading tutoring that focus on children's unique needs at different stages in their educational journey. After pinpointing your child’s current level, we’ll recommend the right path to ensure he or she can get results quickly.
Personalized Tutoring (K-12)
This program is a great fit if your child is struggling with reading scores and needs help getting skills up to grade level. The many benefits of Personalized Tutoring from Sylvan include:
- In-depth assessments. We know how to pinpoint exactly what your child needs to boost his or her reading fluency and comprehension.
- A truly personalized experience. Our certified reading tutors create a personalized learning plan, and then continually adjust and update the plan to make sure reading is a challenge rather than a source of stress.
- Affordable rates. Our competitive hourly rates compare with those at other tutoring companies and private tutors.
Academic Coaching (K-8)
This program is a great fit if your child needs extra support with reading-related homework and tests and to stay on track in the classroom. Here's what you can expect when you sign up for Academic Coaching:
- In-depth tutoring to develop and boost reading comprehension skills, stay on top of coursework and get ahead in the classroom.
- Motivational learning sessions that focus on homework help, skill practice and test prep tips, all developed to match your child's unique learning needs.
- A curriculum that aligns with your child's school for more success in the classroom.
- Affordable monthly packages that can meet your family's needs and budget.
Advanced Reading and Test Prep (K-12)
If your child is on the fast track or needs guidance to handle a bigger workload, you can help your teen adapt to accelerated coursework and prepare for college-level classes with our Advanced Reading Skills course. With this program, you can expect:
- Higher confidence (and lower stress) when tackling large workloads.
- Time management skills to help manage homework tasks and get ready for tests with a lot of reading, such as the SAT and ACT.
- Even better scores on classwork and college entrance exams, as well as ideal preparation for challenging college workloads and elevated expectations.
- Budget-friendly hourly rates.
Take Advantage of our Limited-Time Offer
There's still plenty of time to prepare for success in the new school year. With a detailed Academic Checkup, we can assess your child's academic skills in relation to national norms — and use the results to pinpoint specific skills and knowledge that need extra attention. The time is now: get started for just $95*!