If you’re searching for a math tutor in Columbia, we’re here to help. Whether your child is starting to fall behind in class, could use a little added practice or is looking to get ahead in geometry, algebra or advanced math, our tutors are here to help.
Get the Right Program for Your Child's Needs
From additional practice to one-on-one support and advanced enrichment, Sylvan has a range of math programs that meet the needs of children at many different levels. We can help your child achieve greater success in math, algebra, geometry and beyond.
Personalized Tutoring (K-12)
It’s common for kids to struggle with math and start to fall behind — but intensive tutoring can help turn scores around and build confidence. We're experts at making math more relatable to real life, helping children understand more in the classroom and achieve more in life. Here’s what you can expect from our Personalized Tutoring program:
- A unique approach: Using our proven Sylvan Method™ approach, we tailor our learning plans to your child’s unique needs to ensure her or she is learning in the way that works best.
- Amazing results: Our tutoring students typically achieve up to two to three times more growth in their math scores than their peers. We guarantee your child will see progress too!
- Expert guidance and support: With our Sylvan-certified tutors, your child will feel supported every step of the way. We adjust your child’s learning plan as needed to ensure math is engaging, but never frustrating.
- Local, school-aligned curriculum: Our math curriculum aligns with most school standards.
- Competitive rates: Our hourly rates are comparable to other tutoring companies and private tutors, so getting the best math help for your family is affordable.
Academic Coaching (K-8)
If you think your son or daughter would benefit from homework help, a tougher math challenge or just more practice outside of class, it's time to consider our NEW Academic Coaching program. Opt for our new monthly subscription program and you’ll get:
- Tutoring support to proactively sharpen the math skills your child will need to complete homework and tests — and build confidence!
- Targeted learning sessions that ensure your child is getting the attention he or she needs to get ahead.
- School-aligned learning to make sure lessons are relevant in the classroom.
- Expert tutors who use the same teaching methods as math teachers in schools.
- A range of scheduling options including afternoons, evenings and weekends so you can choose the time that works for your family.
- Budget-friendly monthly packages that you can afford.
Advanced Math and Test Prep (Grades K-12)
You’ll have the opportunity to see your elementary, middle school or high school math student achieve greater success and confidence by conquering tough math concepts and learning new skills. With our Advancement and Test Prep programs, your child will:
- Improve math skills with ease. From computation and process to reasoning and problem solving skills, building a strong foundation is the key to success.
- Be better prepared and confident in the classroom.
- Add to math experience with learning that is hands-on to make sure concepts stick.
- ...and our hourly rates are very affordable!
Start Today with Our Special Offer
There's still plenty of time to prepare for success in the new school year. With a detailed Academic Checkup, we can see how your child is performing in relation to national norms — and use the results to pinpoint specific areas for improvement. Success starts now: get started for only $95*!