At one point or another, homework time may become a challenge for your child; rest assured, you can count on Sylvan in Bel Air for the expert guidance and support you need. If your son or daughter needs extra practice on a specific assignment, test prep for an upcoming exam, or wants to get ahead, our tutors can help.
Targeted Tutoring in Specific Subjects
When it comes to homework, there are a number of different subjects your son or daughter might need help with. From guidance and support with reading and writing to mastering challenging math topics, our tutors will ensure your child is progressing each step of the way.
Academic Coaching (K-8)
Tricky homework assignments create stress, and that stress can have a noticeable effect on the entire household. If your son or daughter generally keeps up in school but is having a hard time with a specific homework assignment or a certain concept, our tutors are here to help! We can help lower stress and frustration by boosting your child’s comprehension and teaching him or her how to apply new skills, resulting in better grades and performance in the classroom (and more smiles at homework time!) Academic Coaching is a great way to help your child:
- Feel supported with targeted sessions in a variety of topics that focus on his or her unique needs, ensuring that concepts stick.
- Boost comprehension thanks to a deeper level of learning and in-depth skill practice.
- Feel more confident with personalized feedback and recognition for every skill learned or honed.
- Gain the right tools to achieve more success at school, working with homework tutors who are familiar with today's teaching methods.
- Get the best tutoring at a great price thanks to our competitively priced monthly packages.
Advanced Homework Help (Grades 9-12)
Sometimes even the brightest kids can feel intimidated with the demands of high school homework. If your teen could use a little guidance navigating a high volume of assignments, tricky topics or new concepts, look no further than Sylvan for Advanced Homework Help. Your teen’s skill mastery will improve, leading to less stress and better grades. Here's what you can expect with this program:
- Personal tutoring sessions that match your child's unique needs so concepts truly stick!
- Increased understanding and use of vital skills to promote a deeper level of learning.
- More prepared and confident (and less frustrated!) due to engaging and inspiring sessions with our talented subject experts.
- Homework help on a variety of subjects including history, AP classes, advanced math and more!
- Affordable hourly rates.