Workloads grow and assignments get tougher as your child progresses through school, but there is a way to successfully take on these challenges. With Sylvan’s study skills programs in Jena, your child will spend time learning effective time management and exam prep strategies that will put them on the right track towards successful college applications. It's a great way to stay on top of even the most demanding "to do" lists. In fact, our study skills program doesn't only focus on academic techniques: it builds great all-round organizational habits that last a lifetime. That's how our experts tee up Jena students for real success at school — and beyond.
A Personalized Approach
Every student learns those all important “higher order” thinking skills differently. Whether they need assistance with exam prep, assignment planning, research methods or improving their active listening skills, we have it covered. That's why we assess each student's needs to help ensure every session is both relevant and personalized, emphasizing the most effective ways to study, achieve better grades and gain confidence.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
Tutors That Teach the Right Habits
After you've signed your son or daughter up for our study skills program in Jena, what can you expect next? Our tutors will be there to encourage positive study and concentration skills that will last a lifetime. They will also provide useful tips for improving test preparation as well as assignment and project planning. We also acknowledge each and every milestone students reach, which helps to ensure they continue using their new-found habits, skills and attitudes.
Our study skills program at a glance:
- Active reading and listening strategies, as well as presentation techniques.
- Test preparation and test day strategies to manage anxiety and take on various types of questions.
- Time management tips and practical organizational habits.
- Note-taking techniques such as flash cards.
- Writing and research tips, including how to assess the suitability of sources and create a bibliography.
- How to use and share digital information responsibly.
- How to navigate the college admissions process.