As your child gets older, school workloads will grow and assignment difficulty will increase — but it’s possible for your child to confidently take on new challenges. With our study skills program in Alexandria, you can help your child get ahead of the game when it comes to time management, test preparation and future challenges to come. It's a great way to find out how to get the better of any "to do" list.
A Customized, Personal Approach
Every student learns those all important “higher order” thinking skills differently. Whether they need assistance with exam prep, assignment planning, research methods or improving their active listening skills, we have it covered. That's why our sessions are tailored to be personal and relevant, equipping students with the tools they need to be effective, confident learners.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
Tutors You Can Count On
So what can you expect when you register your son or daughter for our study skills program in Alexandria? Our tutoring experts will focus on teaching useful, life-long study skills that can be applied towards greater achievements in class and beyond. That includes sharing techniques that are proven to make exams, projects, assignments and other schoolwork more manageable. We also focus on fostering a positive attitude towards education by making sure to acknowledge every student’s accomplishments on a regular basis.
Our study skills program offers:
- Time management advice and smart organizational tips that will help develop better habits.
- Note-taking methods.
- More effective learning skills, including active reading, active listening and improved presentation skills.
- Test preparation and test day strategies offer guidance and help reduce anxiety.
- How to utilize and share digital information wisely.
- Writing and research advice on how to choose the best sources and write an accurate bibliography.
- Tips for understanding the college admissions process and preparing for job interviews.
- Convenient class times so you can manage your family’s time and resources more efficiently.