With Sylvan’s study skills program in Louisiana, you can help your son or daughter prepare for increasing school workloads and the future challenges that come with college life. Our program, which is specifically designed for students in grades 4-12, teaches valuable problem solving, critical thinking and life management skills that help kids more effectively manage their time and organize their schoolwork. As your child learns tools and techniques that can be used in and beyond school, you'll see his or her confidence grow! So don't delay: contact your local Sylvan in Louisiana now to make sure your child is equipped for success.
A Bright Future Starts With a Smart Approach
With the extra burden of homework, advanced classes, part-time jobs and a host of extracurricular activities, it's easy to see how much modern students have to fit in to their schedules. Add college applications to the mix and it can be extremely difficult to stay on top of things. But our study skills program is designed to have a big impact: our tutoring experts help students develop valuable strategies in order to more effectively plan, manage and prioritize their schedules and workloads.
Life-Long Skills to Succeed, Starting in Grade 4
Strong foundations are vital for long-term success. That’s why our study skills program in Louisiana emphasizes skills and strategies that students can use at school right away — and, eventually, continue using them to succeed at college and in professional settings. We always take the bigger picture into consideration, so our goal is to instill lifelong knowledge for personal and academic success. Find out how we can strengthen your child’s skillset so he or she can handle any challenge.
Your Teen Will Learn:
- How to better manage time and workloads.
- Strategies to set achievable short-term and long-term goals.
- Techniques to plan and track projects.
- Organizational methods for setting up an effective personal study area and tackling homework.
- How to track grades and design an academic calendar.
- Communications skills, including active listening.
- How to apply to college and prepare for job interviews, including resume and cover letter writing tips.