Juggling academic responsibilities like schoolwork, essays, college prep and after school activities — not to mention a social life — can certainly be challenging! However, with Sylvan’s study skills program in the Alexandria Region, you can provide the guidance and preparation your teen or pre-teen needs to successfully prepare for this exciting yet turbulent time in his or her life. Specially developed for students in grades 4-12, our study skills program focuses on equipping students with important critical thinking skills and valuable time management, organization and strategic planning abilities. Equipping your child with these skills can help make a big impact not only in school and college, but also in future careers. Get in touch with us today to learn more about how our tutoring experts in the Alexandria Region can help your child fulfill goals and tackle any workload.
Practical Learning for Real Results
While you may be familiar with helping your child with a spelling question or a science fair project, equipping him or her with effective study skills and techniques may not come as easy. Rest assured our skilled tutors in the Alexandria Region use a range of study strategies to equip your child with practical skills that can be applied in school, in college and beyond: organizational tactics, time management techniques, academic planning tips and more.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
The Right Preparation for the Best Results
Succeeding academically doesn’t just mean getting a passing grade on a test or an exam. This is why our study skills tutors in the Alexandria Region take the bigger picture into account. Our program aims to ensure your child is ready for the increasing workloads and expectations to come in college. This includes diving into proven goal-setting strategies and study techniques that can be applied in a variety of situations.
Our study skills program features such strategies and tactics as:
- Time management to successfully manage schedules and schoolwork.
- Academic and strategic planning to set concrete short-term and long-term projects and goals.
- Organization to create an orderly study area and better tackle schoolwork.
- Performance management to set personal expectations and use an academic planner.
- Expectation management for successfully identifying teacher expectations and priorities.
- How to use active listening.
- Understanding and tackling college admissions requirements, including the college essay.
- Job interview preparation techniques, including crafting and effective resume and cover letter, and practicing interview questions.