It isn’t always simple to stay on top of academic responsibilities like homework and essays while juggling extracurricular activities, college preparation and a social life at the same time. Fortunately, our study skills program in the Alexandria Region is here to help your teen or pre-teen take on his or her busy schedule with confidence. We've specifically designed our study skills program for students in grades 4-12, focusing on "higher order" thinking skills and strategies such as time management, academic planning and interview preparation. After all, equipping your child with effective study skills can translate into greater success in the classroom, in college and in future careers. Get to know how our expert tutors in the Alexandria Region can help your son or daughter accomplish goals and take on any workload confidently.
Our Unique Approach
While you might be used to assisting your son or daughter with a math puzzle or an art project, teaching him or her valuable study skills and strategies may be new to you. Using a number of different study strategies and techniques, our tutoring specialists in the Alexandria Region concentrate on important skills that can be applied in the classroom and beyond: time management, organization, strategic planning, academic planning and more.▼
What to Expect
Succeeding academically doesn’t just mean getting a passing grade on a test or an exam. That’s why our study skills tutors in the Alexandria Region focus on the larger picture. We have carefully developed our program around preparing your son or daughter for the increasing workloads and growing expectations ahead. This means teaching invaluable goal-setting strategies and study techniques that can be applied over and over again.
Our study skills program features such strategies and tactics as:
- Time management for effectively managing time and schoolwork.
- Strategic planning for setting short-term and long term-goals.
- Academic planning for mapping out and tracking long-term projects.
- Better organization for tackling coursework, optimizing a personal study area, setting personal expectations and utilizing an academic planner.
- How to use active listening.
- How to identify teacher expectations and priorities.
- Getting to understand college admissions requirements, including the college admission essay.
- Job interviewing techniques and how to write an impactful cover letter and resume.