It's not always easy to juggle school-related responsibilities like homework, college prep, advanced classes and extracurricular activities — not to mention socializing! However, Sylvan’s study skills program in the Alexandria Region can help ensure your teen is well-equipped for this thrilling yet turbulent period in his or her life. Specially developed for students in grades 4-12, our study skills program focuses on equipping students with important critical thinking skills and valuable time management, organization and strategic planning abilities. These skills can help set your child up for success in school, in college and in future careers. Discover for yourself how our friendly tutors in the Alexandria Region can help your child accomplish goals and realize his or her potential.
Practical Learning for Real Results
While you may be familiar with helping your child with a spelling question or a science fair project, equipping him or her with effective study skills and techniques may not come as easy. Rest assured our skilled tutors in the Alexandria Region use a range of study strategies to equip your child with practical skills that can be applied in school, in college and beyond: organizational tactics, time management techniques, academic planning tips and more.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
The Right Preparation for the Best Results
Succeeding academically doesn’t just mean getting a passing grade on a test or an exam. That's why our study skills experts in the Alexandria Region keep the big picture in mind. Our program is devised to ensure your child is well prepared and properly equipped for the mounting workloads and expectations ahead. This means teaching invaluable goal-setting strategies and study techniques that can be applied over and over again.
With our study skills program, your child will learn strategies including:
- Time management competencies for efficiently managing schedules and coursework.
- Strategic and academic planning in order to set and accomplish short-term and long-term projects and goals.
- Organizational abilities for streamlining schoolwork, arranging a personal study area, setting personal expectations and using an academic planner.
- Learning how to identify teacher expectations and use active listening.
- Getting to grips with college admissions requirements, including the college admission essay.
- Job interview tips and how to write a great resume and cover letter.