Securing a reading tutor in the Alexandria Region you can count on could be just what you need to help your child boost reading skills, confidence and get results that make a big difference in and out of the classroom. If you’ve noticed your child is falling behind, could use extra practice to keep up or is eager to get ahead in class, our tutors can provide the tailored support and guidance he or she needs to achieve more.
Sylvan provides a number of different reading tutoring approaches so your child is sure to get the exact guidance he or she requires to progress. After we determine your child’s current reading level, we’ll be able to recommend the program that will make sure he or she is getting results.
Personalized Tutoring (K-12)
If your child is having a hard time keeping up with reading level expectations and needs assistance catching up and developing confidence, this program is a great fit. Our intensive reading tutoring is personalized to support your son or daughter in mastering skill-level expectations. With our Personalized Tutoring, your child will get:
- Success in class and beyond. Class and homework time will be a breeze.
- More personalized support. We use the results of a reading assessment to determine the approach your child needs to improve fluency and comprehension.
- More confidence and guidance. Our expert reading tutors will constantly tweak your child’s personalized learning plan to keep it challenging—not frustrating!
- The skills to achieve success. With our school-aligned curriculum, your child will be learning things that apply directly to the classroom.
- Affordable rates. With our rates, you’ll feel confident you’re getting the best reading help for your family.
Academic Coaching (K-8)
This program is a good fit for kids who would benefit from extra practice to conquer the reading component of assignments and tests. Here’s what you can expect with Academic Coaching:
- A proactive tutoring approach that ensures your child is developing strong reading comprehension skills for completing homework and in-class assignments.
- Learning sessions that zero in on your child’s needs with homework help, skill practice and prepping for tests.
- School-aligned lessons that relate directly to what your child is learning in class.
- Interactive activities to encourage hands-on practice to develop an understanding of different kinds of material.
- Budget-friendly rates with monthly packages that are affordable.
Advanced Reading and Test Prep (Grades K-12)
If your child has set ambitious goals and needs some tips for managing a heavy workload, acing assignments with a large reading component or prepping for big tests, this program can be a huge help. Give your teen every opportunity to succeed in college-level classes and conquer advanced coursework with Sylvan’s Advanced Reading Skills course. With our program, you can look forward to:
- More confidence to tackle big workloads
- More efficient reading skills for completing assignments in advanced classes
- Improved time management skills to complete homework and study for tests that include a large reading component — including the SAT and ACT
- Better scores on homework assignments, tests, and on college entrance exams
- Preparation for the high expectations of college workloads
- Competitive hourly rates
Start Today and Save
Our Academic Checkup helps us highlight the unique strengths and needs of your child, allowing our expert tutors to focus on the areas that need the most attention for success. For a limited time, you can get started for $95*! Simply get in touch today!