Finding a dependable reading tutor in the New Orleans region could go a long way towards making sure your child is developing strong reading skills, gaining confidence and getting results that extend beyond the classroom. If you’re starting to notice your child is falling behind, could use a little extra practice or wants to get ahead, our tutors can provide guidance that is personalized for success.
Personalized, Results-Oriented Learning
At Sylvan, we offer a selection of reading tutoring approaches to make sure your child is receiving the guidance he or she needs to succeed. After identifying the level your child is currently reading at, we’ll recommend the best program to make sure he or she starts seeing results.
Personalized Tutoring (K-12)
If your child is having a hard time keeping up with reading level expectations and needs assistance catching up and developing confidence, this program is a great fit. Our intensive reading tutoring aims to help your son or daughter gain and master the essential skills to get in line with grade level. With our Personalized Tutoring, you can expect:
- Success in class and beyond. Class and homework time will be a breeze.
- More personalized support. We use the results of a reading assessment to determine the approach your child needs to improve fluency and comprehension.
- More confidence and guidance. Our expert reading tutors will constantly tweak your child’s personalized learning plan to keep it challenging—not frustrating!
- The skills to achieve success. With our school-aligned curriculum, your child will be learning things that apply directly to the classroom.
- Affordable rates. With our rates, you’ll feel confident you’re getting the best reading help for your family.
Academic Coaching (K-8)
This program is perfect for students who need extra practice with reading-related tasks and assignments, and could also use help staying on track in the classroom. With Academic Coaching, you can expect:
- A proactive tutoring approach that ensures your child is developing strong reading comprehension skills for completing homework and in-class assignments.
- Learning sessions that zero in on your child’s needs with homework help, skill practice and prepping for tests.
- School-aligned lessons that relate directly to what your child is learning in class.
- Interactive activities to encourage hands-on practice to develop an understanding of different kinds of material.
- Budget-friendly rates with monthly packages that are affordable.
Advanced Reading and Test Prep (Grades K-12)
This program is ideal if your child is on the fast track and/or could use guidance managing a heavy workload, tackling an assignment with a large reading component or studying for a big test. Give your teen the tools he or she needs to conquer advanced coursework and college-level classes with Sylvan’s Advanced Reading Skills course. You can look forward to the following with our program:
- The confidence to manage tough workloads.
- The efficient reading skills needed to keep up with assignments in advanced courses.
- Strong time management skills for juggling assignments, homework and studying for important tests like the ACT and SAT.
- Higher marks on homework assignments and tests as well as college entrance exams.
- Preparation for the requirements of college courses.
- Budget-friendly hourly rates.
Ready to Get Started?
The Academic Checkup is just one of the many tools we use to pinpoint your child’s strengths and needs, which allows our expert tutors to focus on the areas that require the most attention for greater success. For a limited time, you can get started for $95*! Contact us now to learn more!