Finding a reading tutor in the Lafayette region you can rely on can make a big difference when it comes to helping your child improve his or her reading skills, build confidence and getting real results inside and outside the classroom. If your child is starting to fall behind, needs extra practice or is just looking to get ahead, our tutors can provide the kind of guidance he or she needs to succeed.
Learning Designed to Get Results
Sylvan offers a selection of reading tutoring approaches to make sure your child is receiving the kind of attention that will make a difference. After pinpointing your child’s current reading level, we’ll suggest the ideal program for his or her unique needs.
Personalized Tutoring (K-12)
If your child is having a hard time keeping up with reading level expectations and needs assistance catching up and developing confidence, this program is a great fit. Our intensive reading tutoring is meant to guide your son or daughter towards building and mastering the required grade-level skills. You can expect the following from our Personalized Tutoring:
- Progress guaranteed! Your child will succeed both in the classroom and during homework time.
- The personalized support your child needs. After a thorough reading assessment, we’ll be able to pinpoint exactly what your child needs to improve fluency and comprehension.
- A confidence boost and lots of support. Our certified reading tutors will periodically tweak your child’s personalized learning plan to make sure lessons are kept challenging but never frustrating.
- The skills for success. Matching our curriculum with the local schools ensures your child will always be learning skills he or she can apply in the classroom.
- Budget-friendly rates. You can be sure your family is getting the best reading help with our prices, comparable to other tutoring companies and local private tutors.
Academic Coaching (K-8)
This program is perfect for students who need extra practice with reading-related tasks and assignments, and could also use help staying on track in the classroom. With Academic Coaching, your child will get:
- Proactive tutoring that will help improve reading comprehension skills so your child can tackle homework assignments and participate in class with confidence.
- Learning sessions that encourage skill practice and test prep with methods designed to target your child’s needs.
- A school-aligned curriculum that is designed to match up with what your child is learning in class.
- Interactive activities that encourage the understanding of different types of material through hands-on practice.
- Competitive prices with monthly packages that fit into your budget.
Advanced Reading and Test Prep (Grades K-12)
For the student on the academic fast track, this program can provide added support navigating tough workloads, prepping for tests and completing reading-related assignments. Ensure your teen is able to keep up with increasingly difficult coursework and ace college-level classes with Sylvan’s Advanced Reading Skills course. You can expect the following with this program:
- More confidence to tackle big workloads
- More efficient reading skills for completing assignments in advanced classes
- Improved time management skills to complete homework and study for tests that include a large reading component — including the SAT and ACT
- Better scores on homework assignments, tests, and on college entrance exams
- Preparation for the high expectations of college workloads
- Competitive hourly rates
Save with Our Limited-Time Special!
Get started today for only $95 for a limited time. The Sylvan Insight™ Assessment is a terrific way to pinpoint your child's strengths and pinpoint any skill sets that could use extra attention. Fill out our form or give us a call and we'll contact you to discuss your needs and what we can do to help.