A reading tutor you can rely on in the Baton Rouge region could be just the thing you need to assist your child with improving reading skills, building confidence and getting the kind of results that make an impact in the classroom—and beyond. If you’ve noticed your son or daughter is beginning to fall behind, needs extra practice to keep up or is interested in getting ahead of the pack, our tutors can help with a targeted approach that gets results.
Targeted Learning to Get Results
At Sylvan, we offer a selection of reading tutoring approaches to make sure your child is receiving the guidance he or she needs to succeed. After pinpointing your child’s current reading level, we’ll suggest the ideal program for his or her unique needs.
Personalized Tutoring (K-12)
This program is a great fit if your child is struggling to keep up with reading level expectations and needs support catching up and building confidence. Our intensive reading tutoring is personalized to support your son or daughter in mastering skill-level expectations. You can expect the following from our Personalized Tutoring:
- Success in class and during homework. You’re guaranteed to see progress!
- The attention your child needs. After getting the results of a reading assessment, we can develop a plan to help your child increase fluency and reading comprehension.
- The support to build confidence. Our certified reading tutors will periodically change up your child’s personalized learning plan to keep it challenging—but never frustrating!
- Key skills for success. We align our curriculum with local schools so everything your child is learning can be applied in class.
- Comparable rates. Our prices are competitive with other companies and private tutors in the area so getting the best reading help for your family is always affordable.
Academic Coaching (K-8)
This program is ideal for kids who could use extra support tackling reading-related homework and tests in addition to keeping up in class. Here is what you’ll get with Academic Coaching:
- A proactive tutoring approach that ensures your child is developing strong reading comprehension skills for completing homework and in-class assignments.
- Learning sessions that zero in on your child’s needs with homework help, skill practice and prepping for tests.
- School-aligned lessons that relate directly to what your child is learning in class.
- Interactive activities to encourage hands-on practice to develop an understanding of different kinds of material.
- Budget-friendly rates with monthly packages that are affordable.
Advanced Reading and Test Prep (Grades K-12)
From managing tough workloads and conquering reading-focused assignments to studying for big tests, this program is perfect for the student on the fast track. Make sure your teen is keeping up with advanced coursework and excelling in college-level classes with Sylvan’s Advanced Skills course. You can look forward to the following with our program:
- The confidence to conquer difficult workloads.
- Efficient reading skills that contribute to completing assignments in advanced classes.
- Well developed time management skills to help juggle homework and studying for tests with strong reading requirements—such as the ACT or SAT.
- Improved scores on homework assignments, big tests and college entrance exams.
- Added preparedness for the higher expectations of college.
- Competitive hourly rates that fit into your budget.
Enjoy Our Limited-Time Special Today!
The Academic Checkup identifies your child's academic strengths and needs, so our expert tutors know which areas to focus on for success. For a limited time, you can get started for $95*! Contact us today to learn more!