Want to ensure your child is developing strong study habits early on? Our Study Skills programs in Paducah, Kentucky have the power to ensure your son or daughter learns how to tackle increasing workloads from elementary school to college and beyond with ease. Whether your child has started to fall behind in class or has the ambition to get ahead, our study tips and techniques are proven to make a big difference.
Studying Smarter with Instant Results
We combine instruction with plenty of practice and hands-on exercises to test out developing skills to make sure they are becoming good study habits!
Personalized Tutoring (K-12)
When every child has specific needs, instilling positive attitudes and study habits can’t be a matter of one size fits all. That’s where our Personalized Tutoring program can make a difference. A wide range of skills are covered, including:
- Active reading: Nurturing strong comprehension skills will be helpful across all subjects.
- Time management: Efficient study skills rely on the ability organize and prioritize work.
- Note taking strategies: Utilizing tools such as flash cards and color coding can make studying more efficient.
- Research: How to evaluate sources, find relevant information and write a bibliography.
- Understanding the writing process: Through practice, your child will become a more engaging writer.
- Online safety: Finding, evaluating and sharing digital information in a responsible way.
Advancement & Test Prep (Grades 9-12)
Our expert tutors are dedicated to teaching your teen strong study habits, digital literacy, goal setting, time management an and research and writing skills — all of which will be with him or her well into college and beyond. With Advancement & Test Prep, your teen will:
- Increase confidence for taking on new challenges: We encourage positive attitudes towards studying so your teen understands how to persevere through tough challenges.
- Develop and build on important skills: The skill areas we focus on is up to you. We'll target time management, note taking or presentation skills — whatever your child needs!
- Improve on skills that will be important in the future: Sylvan is here to teach lifelong skills for presentations, goal setting and job interview preparation.