Want your child to get a head start on important study habits? Our Study Skills programs in Louisville are designed to help your son or daughter learn the tools to conquer growing workloads starting in elementary school and beyond. Providing effective study tips is what our tutors do best, so if your child is falling behind or wants to get ahead in class, we’re here to make sure they achieve their goals.
Studying Smarter with Instant Results
We ensure that good study habits become second nature by combining personal instruction with independent practice—and plentiful opportunities to put developing skills to the test!
Personalized Tutoring (K-12)
When every child has specific needs, instilling positive attitudes and study habits can’t be a matter of one size fits all. But our Personalized Tutoring program is broad, detailed, and customizable. The following skill sets are covered:
- Reading comprehension: Active reading is a useful skill across all subjects
- Time management: Better prioritization and organization skills can add to study skills.
- Research skills: How to focus on a single subject, judge sources and write a proper bibliography.
- Note taking tips: Using color coding and flash cards as aids can help make study time more effective.
- Mastering writing skills: With practice, your child will understand the writing process and how to use it effectively.
- Online safety: How to locate, evaluate and responsibly share digital information.
Advancement & Test Prep (Grades 9-12)
Study habits, goal setting, digital literacy, time management and more: our tutors know how to help teens develop practical academic skills that can be used well into adulthood. With Advancement & Test Prep, your teen will:
- Build on and sharpen required skills: Whether you want us to focus on note taking, presentation skills or time management, we'll make sure to target the areas your teen needs extra help.
- Improve confidence for meeting challenges head on: We make sure to foster positive attitudes towards studying so your child feels capable of meeting big expectations.
- Develop competencies that will be essential moving forward: Sylvan can help with the development of important skills like job interview prep, presenting and goal setting.