With Sylvan’s study skills program in Kentucky, you can help your son or daughter prepare for increasing school workloads and the future challenges that come with college life. Through our program, kids in grades 4-12 develop useful life management, problem solving and critical thinking skills to help them better organize their busy schedules and stay on top of schoolwork assignments. As your child develops life-long skills that he or she can put to use in school and beyond, his or her confidence will soar! It's time to equip your child for success: get started today by contacting your local Sylvan in Kentucky.
Start Now, Succeed Tomorrow
As homework, extracurricular activities and social engagements start to pile up, it's easy to see how busy it is to be a modern student. With college applications to consider as well, it can be a real challenge to stay on top of things. This is where our study skills program — and our tutoring experts — can have a positive effect, helping students take on any project more effectively with practical strategies for planning, managing and prioritizing their schedules and workloads.▼
Skills for Greater Success in School, from Grade 4 to High School Graduation and Beyond
Greater achievements need a solid foundation. So our study skills program in Kentucky is all about the kind of transferable skills and strategies that can be applied immediately in the classroom — as well as in college and professional settings later on. We always take the bigger picture into consideration, so our goal is to instill lifelong knowledge for personal and academic success. Learn how we can help your child push his or her skillset (and confidence!) to the next level.
Your Child Will Learn:
- Scheduling and workload management techniques.
- Strategies for achieving goals in both the short term and long term.
- Tips for project planning and tracking.
- Organizational methods for completing homework assignments and establishing an efficient personal study area.
- Performance management skills, such as using an academic calendar and tracking grades.
- Tactics for better communication, including active listening.
- How to ace the all-important college admission essay.
- Job interview preparation, including how to write an effective resume and cover letter.