Sylvan’s study skills program in Kentucky can help ensure your son or daughter is fully prepared for increasing school workloads and the forthcoming challenges of college. Through our program, kids in grades 4-12 develop useful life management, problem solving and critical thinking skills to help them better organize their busy schedules and stay on top of schoolwork assignments. You'll see confidence levels soar as your child picks up life-long tools that he or she can put to good use in the classroom and beyond! So don't delay: contact your local Sylvan in Kentucky now to make sure your child is equipped for success.
A Bright Future Starts With a Smart Approach
There’s no doubt that many students have a lot of responsibilities to juggle, whether it's a homework assignment, advanced classes, a part-time job or simply maintaining a healthy social life. Add the extra challenge of college applications and it's even trickier to stay on top of everything. That's why our study skills program focuses on strategies for planning, managing and prioritizing workloads and schedules, empowering students to take on any project — and organize their time — much more effectively.▼
Life-Long Skills to Succeed, Starting in Grade 4
Strong foundations are vital for long-term success. That’s why our study skills program in Kentucky emphasizes skills and strategies that students can use at school right away — and, eventually, continue using them to succeed at college and in professional settings. At Sylvan, we see the bigger picture, which is why we’re dedicated to instilling life-long knowledge that can help your son or daughter thrive personally and academically, both inside and outside the classroom. Learn how we can help your child push his or her skillset (and confidence!) to the next level.
Here's What Your Teen Will Learn:
- How to manage time and workloads more effectively.
- Proven strategies for short-term and long-term target setting.
- Techniques for planning and managing large projects.
- Organizational methods for efficient homework routines and how to set up a personal study area.
- Performance management and planning skills, from tracking grades to using an academic calendar.
- How to communicate more effectively, including tactics like active listening.
- How to put together a winning college application.
- Job interview preparation tactics, including expert tips for writing a compelling cover letter.