It isn’t always simple to stay on top of academic responsibilities like homework and essays while juggling extracurricular activities, college preparation and a social life at the same time. That’s where Sylvan’s study skills program in the Paducah, Cape Girardeau and Harrisburg region can make a huge difference: we can help your pre-teen or teen effectively prepare for this exciting yet demanding phase in his or her life. Tailored to students in grades 4-12, our study skills program aims to equip your child with important "higher order" thinking skills and strategies like academic planning, time management and resume preparation. These skills can help set your child up for success in school, in college and in future careers. Contact us today to discover how our knowledgeable tutors in the Paducah, Cape Girardeau and Harrisburg region can help your child realize his or goals and take on increasing workloads with confidence.
Our Proven Approach
While you may be familiar with helping your child with a spelling question or a science fair project, equipping him or her with effective study skills and techniques may not come as easy. Rest assured our skilled tutors in the Paducah, Cape Girardeau and Harrisburg region use a range of study strategies to equip your child with practical skills that can be applied in school, in college and beyond: organizational tactics, time management techniques, academic planning tips and more.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
Here's What You Can Expect
There’s much more to achieving academic success than receiving a good grade on an assignment or an exam. That's why our study skills experts in the Paducah, Cape Girardeau and Harrisburg region keep the big picture in mind. Our program aims to ensure your child is ready for the increasing workloads and expectations to come in college. That means teaching both short-term and long-term goal-setting techniques as well as study strategies that can be relied on time and again.
With our study skills program, your child will learn strategies including:
- Efficient and effective time and workload management.
- Strategic and academic planning for successfully setting and achieving short-term and long-term goals and projects.
- Organizational abilities for organizing schoolwork, setting up a personal study area, setting personal expectations and making the most of an academic planner.
- How to identify teacher expectations and priorities.
- How to use active listening.
- Understanding college admissions requirements and how to tackle the college admission essay.
- Job interview preparation, including writing an effective resume and cover letter.