Juggling academic responsibilities like schoolwork, essays, college prep and after school activities — not to mention a social life — can certainly be challenging! However, Sylvan’s study skills program in the Paducah, Cape Girardeau and Harrisburg region can help ensure your teen is well-equipped for this thrilling yet turbulent period in his or her life. Our study skills program is specifically aimed at students in grades 4-12 and focuses on "higher order" thinking strategies and techniques, including organization, time management and strategic planning. Equipping your child with these skills can help make a big impact not only in school and college, but also in future careers. Find out how our tutoring experts in the Paducah, Cape Girardeau and Harrisburg region can help your son or daughter achieve goals and conquer any workload.
A Practical Approach for Tangible Results
While you may help your child figure out a math problem or proofread an English essay from time to time, teaching him or her successful study habits and strategies is not always so simple. Our tutors in the Paducah, Cape Girardeau and Harrisburg region use a wide range of study tactics, tips and techniques to teach practical skills that can be used both inside and outside the classroom: time management, organization, academic planning and more.▼
Here's What You Can Expect
Achieving academic success is one thing, but there's more to succeeding at school than exams and assignments alone. That's why our study skills experts in the Paducah, Cape Girardeau and Harrisburg region keep the big picture in mind. We have specially designed our program to make certain your son or daughter is well prepared for the mounting course loads and expectations to come. This includes diving into proven goal-setting strategies and study techniques that can be applied in a variety of situations.
Our study skills program will teach your child effective studying strategies including:
- Time management for tackling workloads in an efficient manner.
- Academic and strategic planning for setting short-term and long-term projects and goals.
- Organizational habits for setting up a personal study area, organizing schoolwork, setting personal expectations and using an academic planner.
- Expectation management for pinpointing teacher expectations and priorities.
- How to use active listening.
- Preparation for college, including navigating admissions and essay requirements.
- Writing an impactful resume and cover letter, and interviewing for a job.