Juggling academic responsibilities like schoolwork, essays, college prep and after school activities — not to mention a social life — can certainly be challenging! Fortunately, our study skills program in the Paducah, Cape Girardeau and Harrisburg region is here to help your teen or pre-teen take on his or her busy schedule with confidence. We've specifically designed our study skills program for students in grades 4-12, focusing on "higher order" thinking skills and strategies such as time management, academic planning and interview preparation. These skills will not only help set your child on the path to success in high school and college, but they can also carry forward into his or her personal and professional life. Discover for yourself the many ways in which our knowledgeable tutors in the Paducah, Cape Girardeau and Harrisburg region can help set your child on the path to success.
Our Proven Approach
While you may help your child figure out a math problem or proofread an English essay from time to time, teaching him or her successful study habits and strategies is not always so simple. Our tutors in the Paducah, Cape Girardeau and Harrisburg region use a wide range of study tactics, tips and techniques to teach practical skills that can be used both inside and outside the classroom: time management, organization, academic planning and more.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
What We Offer
Getting a good grade on a project or exam is one thing, but there’s much more to success than numbers alone. This is the reason our study skills tutors in the Paducah, Cape Girardeau and Harrisburg region consider the bigger picture. Our program has been developed to focus on successfully preparing your son or daughter for the heavier workloads and expectations ahead. This involves teaching effective study strategies and goal-setting techniques that can be put to work time and again.
With our study skills program, your child will learn strategies including:
- Time management for effectively managing time and schoolwork.
- Strategic planning for setting short-term and long term-goals.
- Academic planning for mapping out and tracking long-term projects.
- Better organization for tackling coursework, optimizing a personal study area, setting personal expectations and utilizing an academic planner.
- How to use active listening.
- How to identify teacher expectations and priorities.
- Getting to understand college admissions requirements, including the college admission essay.
- Job interviewing techniques and how to write an impactful cover letter and resume.