Finding a dependable reading tutor in the Paducah, Cape Girardeau and Harrisburg region could go a long way towards making sure your child is developing strong reading skills, gaining confidence and getting results that extend beyond the classroom. If you’ve noticed your child is falling behind, could use extra practice to keep up or is eager to get ahead in class, our tutors can provide the tailored support and guidance he or she needs to achieve more.
Sylvan offers a range of different approaches to reading tutoring to make sure your child is getting the guidance he or she needs to improve. After we determine your child’s current reading level, we’ll be able to recommend the program that will make sure he or she is getting results.
Personalized Tutoring (K-12)
For students who are having a hard time keeping up with reading level expectations, this program can help them build confidence and catch up. Our intensive reading tutoring aims to help your son or daughter gain and master the essential skills to get in line with grade level. From our Personalized Tutoring, you can expect:
- Success in class and during homework. You’re guaranteed to see progress!
- The attention your child needs. After getting the results of a reading assessment, we can develop a plan to help your child increase fluency and reading comprehension.
- The support to build confidence. Our certified reading tutors will periodically change up your child’s personalized learning plan to keep it challenging—but never frustrating!
- Key skills for success. We align our curriculum with local schools so everything your child is learning can be applied in class.
- Comparable rates. Our prices are competitive with other companies and private tutors in the area so getting the best reading help for your family is always affordable.
Academic Coaching (K-8)
This program is perfect for students who need extra practice with reading-related tasks and assignments, and could also use help staying on track in the classroom. With Academic Coaching, you can expect:
- Proactive tutoring that will help improve reading comprehension skills so your child can tackle homework assignments and participate in class with confidence.
- Learning sessions that encourage skill practice and test prep with methods designed to target your child’s needs.
- A school-aligned curriculum that is designed to match up with what your child is learning in class.
- Interactive activities that encourage the understanding of different types of material through hands-on practice.
- Competitive prices with monthly packages that fit into your budget.
Advanced Reading and Test Prep (Grades K-12)
This program is ideal if your child is on the fast track and/or could use guidance managing a heavy workload, tackling an assignment with a large reading component or studying for a big test. Give your teen the tools he or she needs to conquer advanced coursework and college-level classes with Sylvan’s Advanced Reading Skills course. You can look forward to the following with our program:
- More confidence to tackle big workloads
- More efficient reading skills for completing assignments in advanced classes
- Improved time management skills to complete homework and study for tests that include a large reading component — including the SAT and ACT
- Better scores on homework assignments, tests, and on college entrance exams
- Preparation for the high expectations of college workloads
- Competitive hourly rates
Don't Wait to See Results
Get started today for only $95 for a limited time. The Sylvan Insight™ Assessment is a terrific way to pinpoint your child's strengths and pinpoint any skill sets that could use extra attention. Fill out our form or give us a call today and we'll get in touch to discuss your needs and who we can help.