Looking for a writing tutor in Shawnee? Whether you want to prevent your child falling behind on writing assignments, arrange some extra practice or focus on the skills to get ahead, our talented tutors can help.
Tailored Support for Your Young Writer
Whether it's the fundamentals of sentence structure or the finer points of college application essays, we know how to ensure steady and significant progress in writing — and how to make the whole thing fun, too!
Personalized Tutoring (K-12)
If grade-level writing tasks are proving to be too challenging for your child, our Personalized Tutoring will focus on the most important skills in order to raise scores — and confidence — when it comes to writing assignments and homework. Here’s what we offer:
- More confidence in writing ability: Being an engaging and proficient writer is all about understanding the writing process from composing to revising and editing.
- Improved results in class: Our writing program is designed to focus on and encourage skills needed for college and career readiness standards.
- Rates that fit your budget: Our hourly rates are competitive with other tutoring companies and private tutors in the area.
Academic Coaching (K-8)
If your child is looking for extra practice to ensure he or she continues to conquer writing-heavy assignments, this program could be a great fit. Academic Coaching can provide:
- Proactive tutoring to build skills, conquer homework tasks and achieve more in class.
- Tailored tutoring sessions, from test prep to skill practice, depending on your child's unique needs.
- Expert tutors who know how to get concepts to stick using the latest, most effective teaching techniques.
- Competitively priced monthly packages to help keep the best writing tutoring within your budget.
Advanced Writing and Test Prep (K-12)
It's simple: strong writing skills are a must-have for any student on the academic fast track. This program focuses on research-based writing skills needed for assignments and tests with heavy writing components — as well as college admissions essays. Here's exactly what you can expect:
- Boosted confidence to approach and overcome virtually any type of writing-based challenge.
- Techniques in research and composition to help your child ace every upcoming assignment.
- College essay support to ensure a compelling, persuasive application.
- Skill reinforcement through practice and a variety of research-based writing activities.
- Competitive hourly rates for affordability.
Get Started with Our Limited-Time Special
There's still plenty of time to prepare for success in the new school year. By scheduling an Academic Checkup at your local Sylvan, we can take evaluate your child's academic skills in comparison with nationwide norms — and use our findings to identify which areas need to be improved. Enjoy better results and bigger smiles: start now for just $95*!