As school workloads grow and the challenges of college get closer, you can help ensure your son or daughter is prepared with Sylvan’s study skills program in Kansas. Our program, which is tailored for kids and teens in grades 4-12, focuses on the kind of life management, critical thinking and problem solving skills needed to manage schoolwork and organize busy schedules more effectively. As your child learns tools and techniques that can be used in and beyond school, you'll see his or her confidence grow! There’s no better time than now to equip your child for success: contact your local Sylvan in Kansas now to get started.
A Bright Future Starts With a Smart Approach
Whether it's extracurricular classes, homework assignments, a part-time job or the demands of a full social life, there’s no doubting that students often have a lot on their plate. And when college applications eventually come about, it can be an even greater challenge to stay on top of everything. That's where our tutoring experts step in, offering a study skills program that focuses on effective planning, managing and prioritizing skills — helping students take on any project and achieve the right results.
From Grade 4 to High School Graduation and Beyond
Greater achievements need a solid foundation. So our study skills program in Kansas is all about the kind of transferable skills and strategies that can be applied immediately in the classroom — as well as in college and professional settings later on. Because we see the bigger picture, we’re always dedicated to instilling lifelong knowledge that can help your son or daughter thrive personally and academically. Together we can build your child’s skillset (and confidence!) so he or she can take on any challenge.
Here's What Your Child Will Learn:
- How to better manage time and workloads.
- Strategies to set achievable short-term and long-term goals.
- Techniques to plan and track projects.
- Organizational methods for setting up an effective personal study area and tackling homework.
- How to track grades and design an academic calendar.
- Communications skills, including active listening.
- How to apply to college and prepare for job interviews, including resume and cover letter writing tips.