As school workloads grow and the challenges of college get closer, you can help ensure your son or daughter is prepared with Sylvan’s study skills program in Kansas. Through our program, kids in grades 4-12 can develop practical life management, critical thinking and problem solving skills, enabling them to manage their schoolwork and schedules more effectively. You'll see confidence levels soar as your child picks up life-long tools that he or she can put to good use in the classroom and beyond! We're ready to equip your child for success: simply contact your local Sylvan in Kansas to get started or to find out more.
A Bright Future Starts With a Smart Approach
Whether it's extracurricular classes, homework assignments, a part-time job or the demands of a full social life, there’s no doubting that students often have a lot on their plate. And when college applications eventually come about, it can be an even greater challenge to stay on top of everything. That's where our tutoring experts step in, offering a study skills program that focuses on effective planning, managing and prioritizing skills — helping students take on any project and achieve the right results.▼
From Grade 4 to High School Graduation and Beyond
Greater achievements need a solid foundation. For that reason, Sylvan's study skills program in Kansas is designed to equip teens with transferable skills and strategies that can be used in the classroom and, after that, at college and in career settings. That's why generations of families have turned to Sylvan to lay the foundations for future success. We’re here to enhance your child’s skillset so he or she can meet any challenge with confidence.
Your Child Will Learn:
- How to manage time and workloads more efficiently.
- Strategies for setting short-term and long-term goals.
- Techniques for planning and tracking long term projects.
- Organizational methods for setting up an effective personal study area and tackling homework.
- Planning and performance management skills, including how to use an academic calendar, track grades and set personal expectations.
- Tactics for expectation management, including developing skills in active listening and identifying teacher expectations.
- How to navigate college admissions requirements, including the all-important college admission essay.
- Job interview preparation tips and tricks, including learning how to write an impactful resume and cover letter, and how to ace a job interview.
Ready to Get Started?