When you find the right reading tutor in Manhattan, you can expect your child’s reading skills to improve — and for his or her confidence to get a real boost, leading to greater success in the classroom and beyond. Whether your child is falling behind, needs a little extra practice or has goals to get ahead of the pack, we're here to provide the support he or she needs to do well.
We Personalize Our Tutoring Programs
Sylvan offers varying approaches to reading tutoring to make sure your child is learning in the best way for his or her needs. After assessing your child’s current level, we will recommend the right option to achieve real results.
Personalized Tutoring (K-12)
This program is designed for kids who are having a hard time getting their reading skills up to grade level. Here's what you can expect with our Personalized Tutoring:
- Better scores at school and more success with homework. We guarantee progress!
- The tailored support your child needs. With our in-depth reading assessment, we're able to identify exactly what your child needs to get better at reading fluency, comprehension and competence.
- A real confidence boost. Our certified reading tutors create personalized learning plans and update them as needed, making sure that reading is a fun challenge rather than a source of frustration.
- Competitive rates. Our hourly rates can be compared to other tutoring companies and private tutors, which means the best reading help is within your family's budget.
Academic Coaching (K-8)
If your child could use a little extra practice with reading-related homework and tests in order to stay on track in class, this is the program for you. With Academic Coaching, you can expect:
- Proactive tutoring to develop and strengthen reading comprehension skills, keep up with assignments and achieve greater results in class.
- Hands-on learning sessions that feature skill practice, help with homework and tips for preparing for tests, all with the goal of meeting your child's unique needs.
- A school-aligned curriculum for greater success in the classroom.
- Monthly packages at great prices, so you can get the program that works with your family's budget.
Advanced Reading and Test Prep (K-12)
If your son or daughter is on the fast track and could use a little guidance tackling heavy course loads, Sylvan’s Advanced Reading Skills course can help your teen adapt to and become proficient at accelerated courses and college-level classes. Here's what this program offers:
- Improved confidence (and lower stress levels) when it comes to tackling mounting workloads.
- Proficiency at finishing tough reading assignments in accelerated courses.
- Stronger time management skills for completing homework in a timely manner and effectively studying for big tests like the SAT and ACT.
- Better scores in all areas of school, from homework and tests to college entrance exams.
- Preparation for the course loads and expectations to come in college.
- Affordably hourly rates.
Start Now and Save!
There's still plenty of time to prepare for success in the new school year. When you book an Academic Checkup at your local Sylvan, we will compare your child's academic skills to nationwide norms — and use our findings to pinpoint areas for improvement. Success starts now: get started for only $95*!