When the summer starts, so does the fun at Sylvan's summer camps in Iowa! We provide a selection of engaging, interactive programs where teamwork, companionship and hands-on learning are the focus, enabling kids to keep their education (and their enjoyment!) going all summer long. The result is a special group dynamic where kids can bring friends along — or make new acquaintances — and enjoy a fresh kind of learning environment outside of the classroom.
Ready to help your child reach new heights in the next school year — and beyond? Then it's time to find out which Sylvan camps are available in your area.
Fun and Learning at the Same Time? You Can with Sylvan!
With seriously cool projects that focus on 21st century skills and knowledge, our summer camps in Iowa make learning more engaging and ensure that your child will be thrilled to take on new tasks each week. Whether it's STEM (science, technology, engineering and math) or traditional topics like reading, writing and study skills, our programs equip kids with critical competencies that they can call on year after year, in and outside of school. Make this summer a success: register your child for our summer programs today!▼
Our Fun-Filled Summer Camps
We're leaders in tutoring, so we appreciate that different kids need different kinds of support to do their best in school and beyond. That's why we have a varied assortment of summer camp programs that make all topics more engaging. It could be writing camp or reading camp, where the focus is on making language more interactive and creative. Alternatively, it could be a STEM-focused camp where cool activities await, including creating a video game and programming a robot.
Whatever the subject, you can be sure that Sylvan's summer camps in Iowa offer more enjoyment, more camaraderie and more confidence in preparation for that all-important next school year.
Our Academic Summer Camps for All Ages Include:
- Early Reading (PreK-K): It's essential for preschoolers and kindergartners to know the basics of reading heading into elementary school. Our knowledgeable teachers offer a kid-friendly mix of engaging lessons and exciting games.
- Study Skills (Grades 4-12): Every new school year brings fresh challenges and new responsibilities. We can help your child develop the time management and organization skills he or she needs to say goodbye to school stress — and hello to better grades.
- Fit4Algebra (Grades 6-9): Algebra camp may not sound like a fun summer activity, but our program uses interactive activities to make sure your child's math skills are ready for school.
- Writing (Grades 4-9): Kids explore their creativity, improve their writing skills and build an exciting portfolio in our Writing camp.
Our STEM Summer Camps Include:
- Robotics (Grades 1-6): LEGO® becomes even cooler at our Robotics camps, where activities include building and programming real robots using LEGO® bricks and award-winning software. Kids will develop vital STEM and problem solving skills while igniting their creativity and imagination. Cool!
- Engineering (Grades 1-8): Aspiring architects and engineers can gain critical thinking skills as they get to grips with hands-on projects, including constructing and evaluating creations that are inspired by real-life structures from around the world.