The fun starts when school ends with Sylvan's summer camps in Iowa! We enable kids to continue learning (and having fun!) by providing interactive programs where engaging tasks, friendship and teamwork are the focus. This group dynamic also means your child can bring friends — or make new ones — and experience a new kind of learning environment away from the classroom.
Ready to inspire your child to succeed in the next school year and beyond? Find out which Sylvan camps are available in your area now.
Programs That are Big on Learning — and Fun!
We've tailored our summer camps in Iowa to emphasize practical skills for the 21st century through seriously cool projects and activities that make learning a real highlight of your child's week. From reading, writing and study skills to STEM (science, technology, engineering and math) skills, our programs equip your child with vital competencies he or she can put to use all year long. Make this school year better than ever: sign your child up for a Sylvan summer program today!▼
Our Different Camps
As leaders in tutoring, we know how to provide kids with the support they need to do better in the classroom and beyond. It could be writing camp or reading camp, where the focus is on making language more interactive and creative. Our instructors also utilize the latest teaching tools and techniques, including iPads®. Or it could be one of our exciting new STEM-focused camps, where kids get to program robots, create video games and take part in other exciting activities.
Whichever program is best, you can rest easy knowing that our summer camps in Iowa lead to more fun, more friendship and much greater confidence when school resumes.
Our STEM Camps Include:
- Coding: Your child can build his or her own video game — and modern programming skills — by choosing from countless sounds, characters, backgrounds and animations via our kid-friendly software.
- Robotics: LEGO® is already cool, but we make it even cooler by giving kids the opportunity to create working robots.
- Engineering: Future engineers and architects will enjoy taking on hands-on projects like building working LEGO® machines or sturdy structures with K'NEX®.
Our Academic Skill Camps for All Ages Include:
- Early Reading Edge: It's essential for preschoolers and kindergartners to know the basics of reading heading into elementary school. Our knowledgeable teachers offer a kid-friendly mix of engaging lessons and exciting games.
- Study Edge: Every new school year brings fresh challenges and new responsibilities. We can help your child develop the time management and organization skills he or she needs to say goodbye to school stress — and hello to better grades.
- Fit4Algebra: Algebra camp may not sound like a fun summer activity, but our program uses interactive activities to make sure your child's math skills are ready for school.
- Writing: Kids explore their creativity, improve their writing skills and build an exciting portfolio in our Writing camp.