Developing strong study habits early on is essential if you want your child to succeed. With our Study Skills program in Hiawatha you can help your son or daughter learn how to take on every academic challenge with ease, from elementary school to college and beyond. Whether your child has started to fall behind in class or has the ambition to get ahead, our study tips and techniques are proven to make a big difference.
Studying Smarter with Instant Results
By combining independent activities with personal instruction — and lots of chances to practice new skills — we ensure that good study habits quickly become second nature.
Personalized Tutoring (K-12)
There's no such thing as a "one-size-fits-all" way to instill positive academic behavior and instill life-long study skills — after all, every child has unique needs. That’s where our Personalized Tutoring programs can help. You can expect the following skill sets to be covered:
- Time management: Focusing on organizing and prioritizing, we can take the stress out of any academic workload.
- Active reading strategies: See the benefits in all subject areas when your child develops better comprehension skills.
- Effective note taking strategies: Get more from study time with the smart use of flash cards, color coding and other techniques.
- Research skills: Evaluating sources in specific subjects and learning how to craft a bibliography.
- Mastering the writing process: We explore how to strengthen writing skills and communicate more effectively.
- Online safety: We can't overstate the importance of staying safe online! These sessions focus on locating, evaluating and sharing digital informational responsibly.
Advancement & Test Prep (Grades 9-12)
Our expert tutors know that teaching your teen things like smart study habits, good time management, how to set goals, digital literacy and strong research and writing skills are essential for success well into adulthood. With Advancement & Test Prep, your teen will:
- Focus on the most relevant areas: You choose the skill areas — such as time management or presentation skills — so we can focus on them and make the biggest difference.
- Be more confident when tackling new challenges: We foster positive behaviors so your teen can feel good about overcoming big academic challenges.
- Develop future-ready skills: We help teens work on fundamental skills like public speaking, goal setting and even job interview preparation.