Make sure your son or daughter is ready for growing school workloads and the future challenges of college with Sylvan’s study skills program in Iowa. Our program focuses on problem solving, critical thinking and life management skills that kids in grades 4-12 can use to organize their schoolwork and manage their busy schedules more effectively. As your child learns tools and techniques that can be used in and beyond school, you'll see his or her confidence grow! There’s no better time than now to equip your child for success: contact your local Sylvan in Iowa now to get started.
Laying the Groundwork for Future Success
With homework piling up, advanced classes to take, extracurricular activities to attend, part-time jobs to get to on time and a social life to uphold, there’s no question that most students have a lot on their plate. And with college applications to eventually consider, it can be difficult to stay on top of things. This is where our study skills program can make a big impact: our tutoring experts will equip students with valuable strategies for planning, managing and prioritizing schedules and workloads, so they can take on any project more effectively.▼
The Tools to Succeed from Grade 4 to High School Graduation and Beyond
Strong foundations are vital for long-term success. That’s why our study skills program in Iowa is designed to equip teens with vital skills and strategies that they can not only put to use right away in any grade, but that they can also carry with them into college and even into future careers. We always take the bigger picture into consideration, so our goal is to instill lifelong knowledge for personal and academic success. Learn how we can help your child push his or her skillset (and confidence!) to the next level.
Here's What Your Child Will Learn:
- How to manage time and workloads more effectively.
- Proven strategies for short-term and long-term target setting.
- Techniques for planning and managing large projects.
- Organizational methods for efficient homework routines and how to set up a personal study area.
- Performance management and planning skills, from tracking grades to using an academic calendar.
- How to communicate more effectively, including tactics like active listening.
- How to put together a winning college application.
- Job interview preparation tactics, including expert tips for writing a compelling cover letter.