With increasing school workloads and college challenges on the horizon, now is the time to help your son or daughter prepare with Sylvan’s study skills program in Iowa. Our program, which is specifically designed for students in grades 4-12, teaches valuable problem solving, critical thinking and life management skills that help kids more effectively manage their time and organize their schoolwork. As your child develops life-long skills that he or she can put to use in school and beyond, his or her confidence will soar! There’s no better time than now to equip your child for success: contact your local Sylvan in Iowa now to get started.
A Successful Future Starts Now
Whether it's extracurricular classes, homework assignments, a part-time job or the demands of a full social life, there’s no doubting that students often have a lot on their plate. And when college applications eventually come about, it can be an even greater challenge to stay on top of everything. That's where our tutoring experts step in, offering a study skills program that focuses on effective planning, managing and prioritizing skills — helping students take on any project and achieve the right results.▼
The Skills to Achieve More in School and Beyond
A solid foundation is crucial for success. For that reason, Sylvan's study skills program in Iowa is designed to equip teens with transferable skills and strategies that can be used in the classroom and, after that, at college and in career settings. We always take the bigger picture into consideration, so our goal is to instill lifelong knowledge for personal and academic success. Find out how we can strengthen your child’s skillset so he or she can handle any challenge.
Your Child Will Learn:
- How to better manage time and workloads.
- Strategies to set achievable short-term and long-term goals.
- Techniques to plan and track projects.
- Organizational methods for setting up an effective personal study area and tackling homework.
- How to track grades and design an academic calendar.
- Communications skills, including active listening.
- How to apply to college and prepare for job interviews, including resume and cover letter writing tips.