Finding a reading tutor in the Des Moines and Ames region you can rely on can make a big difference when it comes to helping your child improve his or her reading skills, build confidence and getting real results inside and outside the classroom. If your child is starting to fall behind, needs extra practice or is just looking to get ahead, our tutors can provide the kind of guidance he or she needs to succeed.
Learning Designed to Get Results
At Sylvan, we offer a selection of reading tutoring approaches to make sure your child is receiving the guidance he or she needs to succeed. After we determine your child’s current reading level, we’ll be able to recommend the program that will make sure he or she is getting results.
Personalized Tutoring (K-12)
If your child is having a hard time keeping up with reading level expectations and needs assistance catching up and developing confidence, this program is a great fit. Our intensive reading tutoring is designed to provide your son or daughter with guidance in building on skills that are on-par with grade level. From our Personalized Tutoring, you can expect:
- Success in and out of the classroom. Progress guaranteed!
- The targeted approach your child needs. With our thorough reading assessment, we’ll identify your child’s skill gaps and make sure to focus on improving comprehension and fluency.
- Added confidence and support. Our certified tutors know how to adjust your child’s personalized learning plan to make sure lessons are challenging instead of frustrating.
- The right skills for success. Our local school-aligned curriculum is designed to teach skills that have a direct impact in the classroom.
- Competitive rates. Comparable to private tutors and other tutoring companies, our prices are set to make sure the best reading help for your family is within budget.
Academic Coaching (K-8)
This program is a good fit for kids who would benefit from extra practice to conquer the reading component of assignments and tests. Here is what you’ll get with Academic Coaching:
- Proactive tutoring that will sharpen reading comprehension skills to help your child keep up with homework and get ahead in class.
- Learning sessions that emphasize skill practice, assistance with homework, and prep for tests, all tailored to meet your child’s needs.
- A school-aligned curriculum that makes a big difference in classroom performance.
- Interactive hands-on activities that improve reading skills and your child’s ability to understand different types of material.
- Affordable monthly packages that meet your needs and fit your budget.
Advanced Reading and Test Prep (Grades K-12)
If your child has set ambitious goals and needs some tips for managing a heavy workload, acing assignments with a large reading component or prepping for big tests, this program can be a huge help. Give your teen the tools he or she needs to conquer advanced coursework and college-level classes with Sylvan’s Advanced Reading Skills course. With our program, you can look forward to:
- Added confidence for tackling heavy workloads.
- Well developed reading skills to finish advanced class assignments.
- The time management skills required to juggle homework and studying for tests like the SAT and ACT.
- Improved marks on assignments, quizzes and college entrance exams.
- Readiness to meet college workload expectations.
- Affordable hourly prices.
Ready to Get Started?
Get started for only $95 for a limited time. The Sylvan Insight™ Assessment is a wonderful way to both pinpoint your child's strengths and identify skill areas that need improvement. Fill out our form or give us a call and we'll contact you to discuss your needs and what we can do to help.