A reading tutor you can rely on in the Cedar Rapids, Waterloo and Dubuque region could be just the thing you need to assist your child with improving reading skills, building confidence and getting the kind of results that make an impact in the classroom—and beyond. If your child is starting to fall behind, needs extra practice or is just looking to get ahead, our tutors can provide the kind of guidance he or she needs to succeed.
Targeted Learning to Get Results
Sylvan offers a number of approaches to reading tutoring to ensure your child is getting the attention he or she needs to progress. After identifying the level your child is currently reading at, we’ll recommend the best program to make sure he or she starts seeing results.
Personalized Tutoring (K-12)
If your child is struggling to keep up with reading level expectations and needs help to catch up and build confidence, this program can help. Our intensive reading tutoring is designed to help your son or daughter build and master the required skills to get on-par with grade level. You can expect the following from our Personalized Tutoring:
- Success in and out of the classroom. Progress guaranteed!
- The targeted approach your child needs. With our thorough reading assessment, we’ll identify your child’s skill gaps and make sure to focus on improving comprehension and fluency.
- Added confidence and support. Our certified tutors know how to adjust your child’s personalized learning plan to make sure lessons are challenging instead of frustrating.
- The right skills for success. Our local school-aligned curriculum is designed to teach skills that have a direct impact in the classroom.
- Competitive rates. Comparable to private tutors and other tutoring companies, our prices are set to make sure the best reading help for your family is within budget.
Academic Coaching (K-8)
This program is perfect for students who need extra practice with reading-related tasks and assignments, and could also use help staying on track in the classroom. Here is what you’ll get with Academic Coaching:
- Proactive tutoring that will sharpen reading comprehension skills to help your child keep up with homework and get ahead in class.
- Learning sessions that emphasize skill practice, assistance with homework, and prep for tests, all tailored to meet your child’s needs.
- A school-aligned curriculum that makes a big difference in classroom performance.
- Interactive hands-on activities that improve reading skills and your child’s ability to understand different types of material.
- Affordable monthly packages that meet your needs and fit your budget.
Advanced Reading and Test Prep (Grades K-12)
This program is ideal if your child is on the fast track and/or could use guidance managing a heavy workload, tackling an assignment with a large reading component or studying for a big test. Ensure your teen is able to keep up with increasingly difficult coursework and ace college-level classes with Sylvan’s Advanced Reading Skills course. You can expect the following with this program:
- The confidence to manage tough workloads.
- The efficient reading skills needed to keep up with assignments in advanced courses.
- Strong time management skills for juggling assignments, homework and studying for important tests like the ACT and SAT.
- Higher marks on homework assignments and tests as well as college entrance exams.
- Preparation for the requirements of college courses.
- Budget-friendly hourly rates.
Don't Wait to See Results
The Academic Checkup identifies your child's academic strengths and needs, so our expert tutors know which areas to focus on for success. For a limited time, you can get started for $95*! Contact us today to learn more!