If you’re on the hunt for a math tutor in the Cedar Rapids, Waterloo and Dubuque region, look no further. Whether you think your son or daughter is falling behind, could use some extra practice or is just eager to get ahead in geometry, algebra or advanced math, we have tutors who can ensure your child builds the skills he or she needs to succeed. Regardless of the type of approach your child needs, we’ll work with him or her to get results.
Tailored Tutoring for Each Student
Sylvan offers a number of math programs designed for everything from practice and support to enrichment, so you can choose the approach that is best for your child’s needs. We can help your child acquire strong academic skills in math, algebra, geometry and more.
Personalized Tutoring (K-12)
If your child is struggling in math or having trouble grasping foundational concepts, intensive tutoring could help get scores—and confidence—up. We aim to make math concepts accessible so your child can achieve more success in the classroom — and in life. With our Personalized Tutoring program, you can expect:
- A focused approach: With our proven Sylvan Method™ approach, your child is guaranteed to get the attention he or she needs to succeed.
- Expert guidance and support: Being there for your child every step of the way is our Sylvan-certified tutors top priority. We’re always adjusting our plan to make sure math lessons stay engaging rather than frustrating.
- Fantastic results: Many of our tutoring students see up to two to three times more growth in their math scores when compared to their classmates. Your child will improve too!
- Local, school-endorsed curriculum: Our math curriculum is aligned with most school standards. In addition, our tutors are experts on the latest teaching methods, so you don’t have to pick up the slack!
- Comparable rates: Our hourly rates are competitive with other tutoring companies and private tutors, so getting extra math help for your family is affordable.
Academic Coaching (K-8)
If your son or daughter needs homework support, more practice with math outside of class, or is looking for a challenge, Academic Coaching can help! Our tutors are experts at providing support on homework, studying for tests and managing heavy workloads. With our new monthly subscription program, you can expect:
- Proactive tutoring support to improve skills, stay on track with homework, study for tests and build confidence in the classroom.
- School-aligned curriculum that makes a difference in class.
- Specialized learning sessions that are tailored to your child’s unique needs.
- Hands-on, interactive activities designed to encourage skill mastery.
- Experienced tutors who are well-versed in modern teaching methods for math (so you don’t have to be the expert!).
- Flexible scheduling options that fit your family’s lifestyle, such as afternoons, evenings and weekends.
- Budget-friendly monthly packages that you can afford.
Advanced Math and Test Prep (Grades K-12)
If your child is a budding math genius, our advanced programs will boost confidence and provide the perfect preparation for complex concepts and tough assignments. You’ll have a great time watching your elementary, middle school or high school math whiz accomplish goals and take on new challenges. With our Advancement and Test Prep programs, you can expect your child to:
- Build advanced math skills including computation, reasoning, process and problem solving to establish a strong foundation for success.
- Gain more math experience with hands-on exercises and accelerated learning that will make sure tough concepts stick.
- Feel better prepared and more confident in the classroom. Our tutors know the local curriculum so they’re able to align their Sylvan lessons with what your child is learning at school.
- Be equipped for success thanks to advanced programs that keep your child at their top of his or her class.
- …and it's all included in our competitive hourly rates.
Ready to Get Started?
Get started today for only $95 for a limited time. Sylvan Insight™ Assessment is the perfect way to pinpoint and target your child's needs, including strengths and skill gaps. Fill out our form or give us a call today and we'll get in touch to discuss your needs and who we can help.