As your child makes his or her way through school, it's inevitable that the workloads will become more demanding and the assignments will get tougher — but there is a way to prepare for these growing challenges. Sylvan's study skills program in Mishawaka is designed to help students improve their time management, learn how to prepare for exams and start working towards a strong college application. It's a great way to stay on top of even the most demanding "to do" lists. In addition to focusing on effective techniques for academic success, our study skills program also gives students foundation of organizational skills they can take out into the real world. That's how our experts tee up Mishawaka students for real success at school — and beyond.
A Tailored Approach with a Personal Touch
No two adolescents have identical learning styles — and that includes how they develop those essential “higher order” thinking skills. In fact, maximizing academic performance could take a variety of different techniques, such as active listening, assignment planning and exam preparation. That's why we take each student's unique needs into consideration, tailoring our sessions to focus on proven ways to study more effectively and boost grades.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
Our Tutors Make a Difference
Wondering what to expect when you register your son or daughter in one of our study skills programs in Mishawaka? Our experienced tutors will be there to help your child develop study skills that will last a lifetime. That includes study tips that reveal how to make assignments and exams less intimidating and more manageable. Our number one focus is nurturing a positive attitude and sustainable habits, making sure to take the time to recognize every student’s progress.
What your child will take away from our study skills program:
- Tips for developing better planning habits that will improve time management and organization.
- Stronger reading comprehension, active listening and presentation skills.
- Writing and research methods that will improve ability to find accurate sources and write a bibliography.
- Note taking habits that will improve comprehension and make studying more efficient.
- Advice for test preparation and reducing anxiety on test day.
- Strategies for locating, evaluating and sharing digital information responsibly.
- Tips for navigating the college admissions process and getting ready for job interviews.
- Flexible schedule options that allow you to manage your family’s time effectively.