Strong study habits are essential for even the youngest learners. Our Study Skills programs in Merrillville empower students to reach their full potential when faced with the challenges of a growing workload, from elementary school to college and beyond. Whether your child is falling behind or wants to get ahead, our tutors are here to help with effective study tips that make a difference.
Guidance for Studying Smart
We combine instruction with plenty of practice and hands-on exercises to test out developing skills to make sure they are becoming good study habits!
Personalized Tutoring (K-12)
We know that every child has unique needs, which means there's no "one size fits all" way to instill practical study skills and reinforce positive behaviors. Our Personalized Tutoring programs are designed to take that into account. It covers a diverse array of academic areas, including:
- Time management: Your child will learn to organize and prioritize much more effectively.
- Active reading strategies: Stronger comprehension is an important asset across all subjects.
- Effective note taking: Flash cards, color coding and other techniques make time spent studying more productive.
- Research skills: Learning how to assess sources and write a bibliography, focusing on particular subjects.
- Mastering the writing process: In time, your son or daughter will become an effective, engaging writer.
- Online safety: Including how to locate and evaluate information, and share digital assets responsibly.
Advancement & Test Prep (Grades 9-12)
Our expert tutors know that teaching your teen things like smart study habits, good time management, how to set goals, digital literacy and strong research and writing skills are essential for success well into adulthood. With Advancement & Test Prep, your teen will:
- Feel more confident: We teach positive behaviors and attitudes — not just academic skills — to help teens approach new challenges with unshakeable confidence.
- Build the right skills: Choose which areas need attention — such as time management or presentation skills — to ensure we're making the biggest possible difference for your young learner.
- Acquire life-long assets: We're here to provide important career preparation, including job interview techniques and even public speaking!