Progressing through school means bigger workloads and tougher assignments, but there is a way to help your child take on these challenges and fulfill his or her potential. With Sylvan’s study skills programs in Indianapolis, your child will spend time learning effective time management and exam prep strategies that will put them on the right track towards successful college applications. It’s an effective way to nurture the skills to manage any “to do” list. After all, our study skills program focuses on practical organizational skills as well as proven academic techniques. That's how our study skills experts are helping Indianapolis students get on the path to success in the classroom and beyond.
A Personalized Approach
There is no "one-size-fits-all" way to develop important "higher order" thinking skills. From exam preparation to advanced research and active listening skills, a number of factors have to be considered in order to maximize all-round academic performance. At Sylvan, we assess each student's needs to ensure our sessions are not only relevant but personalized, focusing on the most effective ways to study better, boost grades and gain confidence.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
An Immediate and Long-Lasting Difference
So what should your expectations be when you register your child for our study skills program in Indianapolis? Our tutoring experts will teach practical study and organizational skills that can be used in school and throughout life. That includes tips for managing exam preparation and project planning more effectively. We also work on encouraging a positive attitude and acknowledging students for every goal and milestone reached.
Our study skills program includes:
- Time management tips, note-taking techniques and stronger organizational skills.
- Advanced comprehensive strategies, including active reading and active listening.
- Test prep and test day strategies that cover every kind of exam question and reveal how to control anxiety levels.
- How to evaluate sources, write a bibliography, and use digital resources responsibly.
- How to put together a successful college application.
- Resume and cover letter techniques, as well as job interview preparation tips.