As your child continues to progress through each grade, workloads and assignments will become tougher to manage — but there are strategies for conquering new challenges with ease. Register your child for Sylvan’s study skills programs in Fort Wayne, and he or she will learn better time management and exam prep strategies and start laying the groundwork for future college applications. It's a great way to find out how to get the better of any "to do" list. In fact, our study skills program doesn't only focus on academic techniques: it builds great all-round organizational habits that last a lifetime. That's how our experts tee up Fort Wayne students for real success at school — and beyond.
Tailored to be More Personal
Not all adolescents have the same needs when it comes to developing those all-important "higher order" thinking skills. Whether they need assistance with exam prep, assignment planning, research methods or improving their active listening skills, we have it covered. At Sylvan, we assess each student's needs to ensure our sessions are not only relevant but personalized, focusing on the most effective ways to study better, boost grades and gain confidence.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
Tutors That Teach the Right Habits
Register your child in one of our study skills programs in Fort Wayne and you can expect nothing but positive changes. Our tutoring experts will focus on teaching useful, life-long study skills that can be applied towards greater achievements in class and beyond. That includes revealing methods to take the intimidation factor out of assignments, projects and tests. Our main goal is to instill a positive attitude, making sure we take the time to recognize students for the progress they make during each session.
What does our study skills program cover?
- Tips for developing better planning habits that will improve time management and organization.
- Stronger reading comprehension, active listening and presentation skills.
- Writing and research methods that will improve ability to find accurate sources and write a bibliography.
- Note taking habits that will improve comprehension and make studying more efficient.
- Advice for test preparation and reducing anxiety on test day.
- Strategies for locating, evaluating and sharing digital information responsibly.
- Tips for navigating the college admissions process and getting ready for job interviews.
- Flexible schedule options that allow you to manage your family’s time effectively.