There’s nothing more fun and exciting than Sylvan’s Robotics for Kids courses in Valparaiso! Each week, your child will learn how to construct and animate a new LEGO® robot while acquiring vital engineering and science abilities throughout the process — it’s super fun! These interactive programs make it easy to keep your child motivated, inspired and engaged outside of the classroom environment. They’re also the ideal preparation for future programmers and engineers who want to get on the path to career success in the 21st century.
Help Your Child Move Ahead
There are more and more career opportunities in STEM (science, technology, engineering and math), which means a 21st century skill set is an essential asset. You can rest assured our Robotics for Kids courses in Valparaiso are a fun, engaging and motivating way to help your child master vital modern-day competencies like problem solving and computer programming. Working with a partner and using kid-friendly software, your child will learn how to build and program a number of robots, developing practical STEM skills and boosting confidence along the way.▼
Kids of all ages need no previous knowledge or experience of programming to enjoy our innovative programs! Parents also relish our programs because we keep them in the know at all stages. As such, you can expect to have weekly communications about your child's progress, including a recap of that week's STEM concepts covered and an advanced preview of the next project. Your child will also benefit from using reinforcement tools after each class, allowing him or her to hone the skills he or she built upon in class — and to show off all of his or her incredible successes with you!
Fun Awaits! Our Robotics Courses Include:
- One-to-one attention in small groups of no more than 12 students per class
- Exciting, practical tasks that make education an unforgettable experience
- The friendship of collaborating with a buddy to create a different LEGO® robot every week
- Child-friendly software that’s not only easy to learn — it's fun to use, too!
- STEM-focused learning that emphasizes increasingly valuable skills and competencies
- Regular updates, so parents are fully informed throughout the course