When you get the right reading tutor in Seymour in your corner, you can expect your child’s reading skills to improve, leading to better grades and bigger smiles. Whether it's help to keep from falling behind, a little extra practice to stay on track or the support to master advanced topics and get ahead, our tutors can help.
Tutoring Programs Tailored to Your Child's Needs
At Sylvan, we make sure to approach reading tutoring in a way that matches your child’s unique needs. We'll evaluate your child’s current level and recommend the right path for the most effective learning experience — and the most improved scores.
Personalized Tutoring (K-12)
If your child is falling behind with his or her reading scores and needs extra support to get his or her skills up to grade level, this program is right for you. Here’s what our Personalized Tutoring offers:
- Real progress at homework time and at school. We guarantee it!
- The right support for your child's needs. We undergo a comprehensive reading assessment with your child in order to identify what he or she needs to boost reading competence, comprehension and fluency.
- Less frustration and more confidence. Our certified reading tutors are committed to making reading fun and challenging, but never frustrating.
- Affordable prices. We offer hourly rates that are competitive with other tutoring companies and private tutors, so your child can get the reading help he or she needs without breaking your family's budget.
Academic Coaching (K-8)
If your child could use a helping hand to keep up his or her scores on reading-related homework and tests at school, this could be the right program for your family. Here is what you’ll get with Academic Coaching:
- Proactive tutoring to develop and strengthen reading comprehension skills, keep up with assignments and achieve greater results in class.
- Hands-on learning sessions that feature skill practice, help with homework and tips for preparing for tests, all with the goal of meeting your child's unique needs.
- A school-aligned curriculum for greater success in the classroom.
- Monthly packages at great prices, so you can get the program that works with your family's budget.
Advanced Reading and Test Prep (K-12)
If your child is on the fast track and/or needs guidance navigating a more advanced course load, you can help your teen adapt to and excel at accelerated coursework and college-level classes with Sylvan’s Advanced Reading Skills course. Here’s what this program offers:
- Higher confidence (and lower stress) when tackling large workloads.
- Time management skills to help manage homework tasks and get ready for tests with a lot of reading, such as the SAT and ACT.
- Even better scores on classwork and college entrance exams, as well as ideal preparation for challenging college workloads and elevated expectations.
- Budget-friendly hourly rates.
Act Now to Enjoy Our Limited-Time Offer
There's still plenty of time to prepare for success in the new school year. With our in-depth Academic Checkup, you can see how your child is performing compared to nationwide norms — and understand which areas need extra attention to improve. The time is now: get started for just $95*!